Pekin Duck Club!

I wonder if someone can help me - I have a 3 month old Pekin duck who is sick. Over the past few days we've notice she doesn't move around much. Her belly looks swollen, hanging almost to the ground. We don't have a vet around that knows much about ducks. Any help will be much appreciated!

I wonder if someone can help me - I have a 3 month old Pekin duck who is sick. Over the past few days we've notice she doesn't move around much. Her belly looks swollen, hanging almost to the ground. We don't have a vet around that knows much about ducks. Any help will be much appreciated!
@Miss Lydia @Kevin565 my first guess is parasites, but it could be a yeast infection or other . . . .

@lschraw can you tell us anything else? what her stool looks like? What she eats? Especially what she eats, where she has been. It is possible she ate something that has blocked her digestive tract. In that case I am wondering if anything might be able to lubricate the system. I might give her a teaspoon of coconut oil mixed into some moist food - or whatever you can get her to eat, and see if that helps. Coconut oil also is said to kill yeast, if that's a problem.

Has anyone been feeding her bread?

If you can get a pic of her poo @casportpony maybe able to tell if it's worms your dealing with.

Have you had a look around to see if there may have been something they could have gotten into and ate that maybe blocking her up? string rope plastic.

If you can get a pic of her poo @casportpony maybe able to tell if it's worms your dealing with.

Have you had a look around to see if there may have been something they could have gotten into and ate that maybe blocking her up? string rope plastic.
I love poop pictures!

-Kathy

Welcome to BYC!

If you can afford a vet, which many cannot, including myself, try finding one here:
http://www.aav.org/search/custom.asp?id=1803

-Kathy

If you can get a pic of her poo @casportpony
maybe able to tell if it's worms your dealing with. 

Back
Top Bottom