Pekin Duck Club!

And my poor Piotr wanders around the backyard quacking and quacking until I go out, urge him to flap his wings, come up the stairs, then the two of us meander through the garage and out to the front garden. He is a big handsome fellow and many of the people who walk up and down our street, stop and comment on his good-looking self.
But what Piotr needs and is calling for is a girlfriend. I'm just filling in until a proper girl duck makes her way to our garden.
Whoodihoo proper girlfriend...where are you?
Anyone have a Pekin female for my Piotr in San Francisco? Good food, good garden, good duck house, excellent care and attention!
Please let me know if you have a girl duck!

We are so excited. We have 4 Pekin, 2 Buff and 1 mallard that was given to us. Our little boy has grown his precious curl and it is adorable. Just thought I would share.

I can vouch for the fact DE doesn't work for worming .It's all I used for 5 yrs with my ducks then I adopted some chickens and continued to use it till I saw round worms in my chickens poop, I had to use a wormer and have had to ever since, I don't wait now to see the worms I just worm 3x a year for chickens and 1X a year for water fowl. Water fowl are more resistant to parasites than chickens but you can't see all worms with the naked eye either so you never know if they have them or not so I have mine on a worming schedule. The person who has helped me the most with learning about worming my flock is @casportpony
   and also Dawg53.Michael Apple also all very knowledgeable members.
What should we use to worm our chickens? I found some stuff but it said not to give it to them if eating the eggs. So I did not get it.

OK quick summary: Lily snagged her nail on something. So its broke in half, should I cut it off? Second, her feet have improved. It don't seem to hurt her, not bumble foot, but they look horrid, what can I do to help? Third, JoJo has a few small bruises/blemishes on his beak between His hair line and nostrils. Think he's ok? Sry the pics aren't too good. I tried. I posted the same pics on the duck thread, sry u might see them twice.

OK quick summary: Lily snagged her nail on something. So its broke in half, should I cut it off? Second, her feet have improved. It don't seem to hurt her, not bumble foot, but they look horrid, what can I do to help? Third, JoJo has a few small bruises/blemishes on his beak between His hair line and nostrils. Think he's ok? Sry the pics aren't too good. I tried. I posted the same pics on the duck thread, sry u might see them twice.
I think instead of cutting her nails I would be to soak her feet in some warm Epsom salt water half cup to half gallon of water that will also help with the bottom of her feet too. JoJo been sticking his nose up under things? He's most likely okay but hopefully someone else has seen this.

Last edited:

I would not try to cut the broken part of the nail off yet. That will be a hard part of the foot to treat - I have had nail injuries I've treated on the back toe, and it wasn't hard to treat. What I've done is soak the foot in an Epsom solution, or with a compress if she won't hold still long enough for a bath - it can be hard to prevent them from drinking the water. Dry the foot, then apply a generous amount of neosporin (without painreliever) to the nail. Cover with gauze to provide cushion while walking, and wrap with vet wrap. Mine have healed remarkably quickly, and never showed signs of infection. Keep the first bandage on for at least 24 hours, then leave it off part of the day so it can get air, then repeat the process until it looks healed enough to keep the bandage off full time. With one of my ducks, that was a week, with the other - only 3 days.

Ok I'm desperate! I looked out tonight and saw my poor little Peck sleeping all alone while the peacocks and turkeys perched. I'll do anything to get him some girlfriends. I'm in Sierra Vista AZ. If anyone has any or knows or any, please please contact me!!!
Peck had a brother who was killed by a coyote and has been alone ever since. I've been looking for girlfriends but can't find any.
Your breaking my heart. Have you checked Craiglist in your area on BYC buy sell trade or the rehoming thread? also go to Where am i where are you and post on your state thread.

And my poor Piotr wanders around the backyard quacking and quacking until I go out, urge him to flap his wings, come up the stairs, then the two of us meander through the garage and out to the front garden. He is a big handsome fellow and many of the people who walk up and down our street, stop and comment on his good-looking self.
But what Piotr needs and is calling for is a girlfriend. I'm just filling in until a proper girl duck makes her way to our garden.
Whoodihoo proper girlfriend...where are you?
Anyone have a Pekin female for my Piotr in San Francisco? Good food, good garden, good duck house, excellent care and attention!
Please let me know if you have a girl duck!
Same as above check these and also ask your feed store if they know of anyone who has ducks they may know someone.

Back
Top Bottom