Pekin Duck Club!

@Debs Flock and @Miss Lydia
The baby is great, he's huge, he's growing as fast as a duck. He has to go get a hernia surgery tomorrow. I was told its a simple procedure and actually pretty common but I'm still very nervous so lots of prayers, please!!!!! Ryleigh is a big help yet jealous as can be, she's regressing a bit, trying to act like a baby but I'm told she will get over it!
@duckies1230 Hi love the pics so precious. Hope your lil ones surgery went well and he is doing great today.

When my son who was 19 months older than his sis went through the revert to baby stage he would sneak her pacifier and also climb into her crib and take her bottle if there was one still laying there. They do grow out of it. lol

So....my Pekins are starting to get some adult feathers. They are coming up on 3 weeks old. And they are tan!?!?!? I'm confused I know Pekins are pure white so what do I have then? I got them from tractor supply and was told they are Pekins.
1f914.png
The only other ducklings I found that are the same yellow and grow to be tan are buff orphington...so do I maybe have buffs or buff/Pekin mixes

Last edited:
So we have 6 pekins and they run from us :[ I'm so sad we have had them since very little and they are so cute but won't let us hold them and love them even when they were bitty babies they ran from us when we would handle them how do you get them to get used to you? They are fully grown now

I don't have any idea how I posted this, but I'm can't add anyone to anything. Lol. Can't even figure out how to delete this post

Had to come and brag bout my new DUCKLINGS!!!! Not pekins, but I have 5 grown ones
This is MoonMoon and Harmony (magpie MoonMoon golden buff Harmony)
I also have 2 runner ducklings :)

So....my Pekins are starting to get some adult feathers. They are coming up on 3 weeks old. And they are tan!?!?!? I'm confused I know Pekins are pure white so what do I have then? I got them from tractor supply and was told they are Pekins.
1f914.png
The only other ducklings I found that are the same yellow and grow to be tan are buff orphington...so do I maybe have buffs or buff/Pekin mixes

My male rouens looked like females while getting their first feathers, my pekins had a great tan for awhile. Their just going through their ".awkward" teenage years. Tractor Supply doesn't sell mixes. Your pekins will be snowy white in about a month or so, no worrys! You'll get your shiny pearl ducks

My male rouens looked like females while getting their first feathers, my pekins had a great tan for awhile. Their just going through their ".awkward" teenage years. Tractor Supply doesn't sell mixes. Your pekins will be snowy white in about a month or so, no worrys! You'll get your shiny pearl ducks

I've had Pekins before and they were never tan so I just think it's a bit odd. I'll just have to wait and see what happens I suppose.

Mine had yellow and some dark spots on them. But there growing out of the darker spots since they have gotten a little older but not all tan color it was yellow with darker yellow/brownish around mouth head area. Know they look almost white there starting to feather out my 5 pekin.

Back
Top Bottom