Pekin Duck Club!

Your older ducklings don't need heat anymore. Make sure they are not getting to hot in there

It's I would say room temp on side without the heat lamp. When I check on them at night or open coop during the day they aren't panting or anything. The side the lamp is on for the younger ones is little more warm. It has been dropping down into the 40s over night here when the younger ones don't need heat will they be ok with it that cold over night?

It's I would say room temp on side without the heat lamp. When I check on them at night or open coop during the day they aren't panting or anything. The side the lamp is on for the younger ones is little more warm. It has been dropping down into the 40s over night here when the younger ones don't need heat will they be ok with it that cold over night?

Yes they'll be fine as long as your decreasing heat on them each week once you get down to outside temps they will be good. I live in Ohio and it was 40 here last night. Mine ducks have been outside since they were about 5 or 6 weeks old. As long as there's a few of them they'll keep each other warm on colder nights. You want good ventilation for them but not drafty. They need wind protection cuz a wet duck and cold windy nights can be bad

This is my boyfriend and I's Pekin duck named Aflac!!
We got it from a feed store, almost two weeks ago what age and gender would you say it is? Any ideas and help would be great thanks! :) <3

It's the big yellow/ white one! Biggest fattest one! <3

Do anyone else's ducks sleep in the rain? It is pouring rain and big duck is standing on one foot with his face buried in his wing and little duck is laying on the wet straw face burned in her wing. Both are doing asleep. They have a brand new pen inside my shed all warm and dry and they choose to sleep in the rain.

Do anyone else's ducks sleep in the rain? It is pouring rain and big duck is standing on one foot with his face buried in his wing and little duck is laying on the wet straw face burned in her wing. Both are doing asleep. They have a brand new pen inside my shed all warm and dry and they choose to sleep in the rain.

Mine were out in rain all day today. They only go in their house when the sun goes down. And it was chilly today they still were out in rain playing, snoozing and foraging.

My ducks (9 of them) would rather be out in a down pour then in the warm coop (where the chickens take shelter as soon as I even mention the word rain lol)

Back
Top Bottom