1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pekin duck in need of adoption

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by jyoumans2290, Sep 2, 2016.

1. jyoumans2290

jyoumans2290 New Egg

Jun 23, 2016
    Hi there everyone so I have a blind Pekin duck that was born June 13. I'm not sure if he is a male or female but we have been calling him Ray and he was born with no eyes. The school I work with hatches eggs each year and he was an unlucky egg but we all loved him. The farm that normally takes our ducks would not except him because he was blind and no one else would adopt him so I took him in to my home. I have three dogs and now a duck. I can tell he gets lonely and I feel like he needs a friend but there's no way I can take on another duck. Does anyone know of anywhere or do any of you need a Pekin duck? He has been an indoor pet being that he is blind and cannot fend for himself by himself. I love this handsome little boy to death but I want him to have the best life possible. I'm located in Northern New Jersey! My email is [email protected]. I have reached out to several rescue groups but no one has responded my vet gave me a few contacts but they have not responded either

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    @jyoumans2290 there is also a re homing thread here on BYC you can post there too. I sure hope you can find him a great loving home. There are some special people out there who take in handicapped ducks. Lets hope they live close and see your post.

3. lovemy mallards

lovemy mallards Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2015
    MARION COUNTY TN
    If I lived closer I would take him. but we are in Chattanooga Tn . do you have any pictures of him?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by