Pekin duck went missing

Rena9

Chirping
Dec 15, 2018
So, the ducks were freeranging out by the pond the other day. When I left around 4 to get my daughter from school there were 4 when I came back, there were 3. The biggest, a full grown female pekin, was missing. There was a single chunk of feathers on the hill headed back to the coop but no other sign of a struggle and no sign that she was dragged off. What predator is big enough to catch and carry off a full-sized pekin? I live in eastern oklahoma and back up to a wooded area. I know we have coyotes. I've heard and seen them but this seems too big to have been taken by a coyote. Any ideas?

If you have a game camera, put it up. Most likely the predator will be back and then you will know what you are dealing with.

If you have a game camera, put it up. Most likely the predator will be back and then you will know what you are dealing with.
We borrowed my dad's. Hopefully i will have pics in the morning *crosses fingers*

sounds like either a coyote or an eagle, don't think a hawk is big enough but they might be able to. sorry for you lose

sounds like either a coyote or an eagle, don't think a hawk is big enough but they might be able to. sorry for you lose
Definitely out of hawk range. Maybe an eagle, but i know the smaller raptors like to pluck and eat there and there was no evidence of that. I don't know if eagles take and eat at home or pluck and eat on site. I was worried it might be a mountain lion or bobcat.

Back
Top Bottom