Pekin Duck won’t walk/major limp (not jumbo Pekin)

That is funky looking. It does kind of look like a bumblefoot scab. I would try soaking it and seeing if you can debride/remove any of it. I bet it does hurt to walk on. :(

Place her where she is comfy and not having to use her leg much. Food and water close by and if it's a sprain rest and vit B Complex along with water therapy can help her get over it.
If it's bumble we can help with that too.
What do you recommend for Vitamin B complex? We have Vit B complex but it is chewable/gummy so I doubt that would be good for a duck, right?

IMG_3932.png
Sorry I just realized I uploaded the same picture twice. The second picture was supposed to be this. I've been using the mobile app but it never works for me. I've switched to desktop, much better experience.

That bumble isn't going to take a lot of work. It's not red or swollen a lot so soaking and using the PRID should hopefully get it where you can pull off the scab pretty easily Just wait it out so you know the infection is right under the scab. The scab should pull off easy when it's ready. I test it by slipping my fingernail under to see if it will pull up without tearing healthy skin.
The liquid B Complex @CoriM posted is the best.

Back
Top Bottom