Pekin Duck won’t walk/major limp (not jumbo Pekin)

Crazy4Fowl

Songster
9 Years
Nov 20, 2014
My duck coop
My Pekin duck was limping badly this afternoon when I let her out and this evening when getting the ducks in she wouldn’t walk at all and I had to carry her in. She has some black crusty spots on her feet, I’ve dealt with bumble feet before but then it was a huge black mass on the foot pad. Her foot pad does look a bit swollen. Is there anything that we can do?

Last edited:
That bumble isn't going to take a lot of work. It's not red or swollen a lot so soaking and using the PRID should hopefully get it where you can pull off the scab pretty easily Just wait it out so you know the infection is right under the scab. The scab should pull off easy when it's ready. I test it by slipping my fingernail under to see if it will pull up without tearing healthy skin.
The liquid B Complex @CoriM posted is the best.

either way if bumble or not, i think a nice epsom bath soak cannot hurt. And a place to safely rest. One of my pekins was limping a few months ago , for no apparant reason, I just brought her inside to our "bird hospital room" to rest a couple days, and gave her some vitamins (nutridrench) in her water (12 hours on, 12 off) she was fine in 3 days

Back
Top Bottom