Pekin Duckling squeaky and jerking head in bed

Newduckmom93

Hatching
Mar 11, 2021
I have a 5/6 week old Pekin duck that was rescued from the desert. She has sinus problems right now that my dad picked up some medicine for (sneezing, breathing heavy) and tonight when she went to bed she started squeaking non stop and every time it looked like she was gonna fall asleep her head jerked. I know they make noises at night because of preditors and my cat is inside with us, but Simon has been around my cats for 2 weeks now and where she did hiss if they came close, she never had issues when it's bedtime.
Could this be a sign that her lungs are getting worse and she is stressed or in pain?
I am new to ducks but I can't let anyone else care for her, she follows only me and freaks out if I'm not in site of her so I can't break her heart with losing two moms.
I've been around and raised so many different animals so I'm confident in my abilities to care for her, but I'm also a helicopter parent so I frequent these articles.

@Newduckmom93 , welcome to BYC.

Could you take a video of the duckling, upload it to a video platform, and copy/paste the link here?

What do you feed her?
What is the temperature inside her pen precisely?
Are you providing head-deep water for the duck?

Back
Top Bottom