Exactly what I was going to advise move your heat lamp up. I have never brooded ducklings even tiny new ones over 85 and by 2 weeks they are under 80. Every week after that drop your temp 5* until they are at house temp.
I would get rid of the chicken feeder and waterer though. They need to be able to dunk their heads and eat without having to stick their bills into those small holes.
here are some ideas These are easy to make and in the one picture the feeder is a cheap dollar store dog food bowl but works great for duckling feeder. it's very important ducklings can dunk their heads to clean their eyes and nares. View attachment 2920586View attachment 2920585
How deep Is the container?

We just got some new ducklings from a hatchery and some of then were dead when they got here, but I've had them for about 2 weeks and one of the pekin ducks I had died last night. It was our biggest and what seemed like our healthiest duck but when I went in there it was dead. Please help I have no idea what happened and I don't want this to keep happening... is it a disease?! Or is it me??
it could have froze to death

Exactly what I was going to advise move your heat lamp up. I have never brooded ducklings even tiny new ones over 85 and by 2 weeks they are under 80. Every week after that drop your temp 5* until they are at house temp.
I would get rid of the chicken feeder and waterer though. They need to be able to dunk their heads and eat without having to stick their bills into those small holes.
here are some ideas These are easy to make and in the one picture the feeder is a cheap dollar store dog food bowl but works great for duckling feeder. it's very important ducklings can dunk their heads to clean their eyes

I am not sure unless it's when you click on the like where you see a reply and it gives you options on how to reply to what someone has said. Is that what you mean.
Yup, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom