Pekin ducklings

Is it a still air or forced air incubator? 74 may be a bit high but I am no professional, as long as its not low you should be fine. @MGG was do you think? Can you try and get your hands on a calibrated thermometer to check the temp and humidity? You can't always rely on the incubator thermometer.

Hello everyone. I am in need of some advice. I am in the process of incubating Pekin duck eggs only because my hen refused to do it herself. I began incubating her eggs less than one week after she laid. I am on day 29 and the ducklings have not begun the internal piping process yet. I am a bit concerned as the movement of the eggs have slowed significantly. Two days ago they were very active, moving and shaking about, but not anymore. Any advise on if I am overacting or if I should be concerned. FYI: I am attempting this for the first time so any and all information is welcome, please do not hold back as my main goal is to make sure these babies make it through this ever-so-long process!
Take them out and candle. Look for internal pips. You won't hurt them at all, people say not to take them out at lockdown so the humidity will stay high and the pipped ducklings won't dry out, but if they're not pipped there's nothing to worry about.
There was movement yesterday and last night, but I have not seen any today.
Was it sloshing, perhaps? I agree, the pics you posted both look dead. Sorry.

Back
Top Bottom