Pekin duck's lower eye lid problem, with pictures. Please help.

AlexisLo

Chirping
7 Years
May 31, 2012
Cheltenham, PA

*there is some dirt around the eye that came from my glove when I was holding his head the eye itself and area is not discolored*

I was gardening and noticed his eye was watery and when I looked closer and compared eyes the lower eyelid had a slit in it. It was a little droopy but not red or seemed to be bothering him.

How do you think this happened and what should I do?

Thank you so much! I am a little freaked out about it right now so anything helps!!

So I put a warm compress to clean up the dirt. It is his left eye. I posted a picture of his right eye that is normal to compare. Here are some more pictures. I am not sure when it happened. Maybe he got it caught on something to make the slit? I just want to know if it can heal on its own and how to prevent infection.

Again, thank you and anything helps!

So I put a warm compress to clean up the dirt. It is his left eye. I posted a picture of his right eye that is normal to compare. Here are some more pictures. I am not sure when it happened. Maybe he got it caught on something to make the slit? I just want to know if it can heal on its own and how to prevent infection.

Again, thank you and anything helps!
Could have snagged it on something thank goodness didn't get the eye. you could make a saline wash with warm water and salt or put some Apple Cider vinegar into his bucket he uses to wash his face, it is really good for healing, 1Tab to 1 gal of water. I used it with my goose when he cut his bill and it was healed in no time.
welcome-byc.gif

Could have snagged it on something thank goodness didn't get the eye. you could make a saline wash with warm water and salt or put some Apple Cider vinegar into his bucket he uses to wash his face, it is really good for healing, 1Tab to 1 gal of water. I used it with my goose when he cut his bill and it was healed in no time. :welcome
X2

Back
Top Bottom