? Pekin Ducks

ChicChicChickee

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 4, 2014
As the name suggests, I keep Chickens. Recently however, I've been given 4 young ducks. I was told by the previous owner/breeder that they are "purebred Pekins". I'm know as much about Duck breeds as I do about Astro Physics. Not much. That said, I'm not convinced my crew are Pekins. Everywhere I scour the net, the Pekins I see are white. My "Pekins" are Dark Brown, Mottled mid brown and the other two are a lighter brown/beige colour. I have photo's but am not sure how to upload them. Has anyone heard of Pekins in colours other than white? If I figure out how to upload some pictures I will. I would love to know what breed they are.
*Edited to add: We are in AUSTRALIA* I figure there are different breeds in Australia to the USA where a lot of members seem to hail from.

Last edited:

ChicChicChickee

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 4, 2014
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_3cac.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_3cb2.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_3cbb.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_3cdf.jpg

ChicChicChickee

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 4, 2014
Hi Miss Lydia and ty for the reply. I have managed to upload some pics. Another thing to add is that we are in Australia. Look forward to hearing anyone's thoughts. The darker two I believe to be ducks and the lighter two Drakes. No tail curl yet, but they are young. The darkest has a very distinct quack and is very vocal. lol

ChicChicChickee

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 4, 2014
Not sure what I did wrong, but the photos have doubled up sorry! They stand more upright if on alert. My guess is something of a Khaki Campbell/Runner cross. I wonder if they could be sex-linked? It is the darker two that I think are Ducks and both the lighter ones Drakes. All so very confusing. lol

Top Bottom