Dusky Buffs?

Canadian Wind

Duck Crazy Canuck
Premium Feather Member
Jul 25, 2022
Eastern Ontario
My Coop
My Coop
Is there such a thing as a Dusky Buff Orpington? I got Coco a couple of years ago and thought she was a Buff, but when I got another Buff a few weeks ago this one is much lighter in colour.

Coco has no markings whatsoever, just a mostly uniform milk-chocolate brown, with gray at her wings (speculum?), and some white around her head which I figure was from mating.

1710349904863.jpeg

That's her in the middle. She's about the same size as Mochi, my true Buff, not big like a Rouen and not small like my Magpie or a Khaki Campbell.

If she is uniform in color, no lacing in her feathers, I would think she has black and buff. Maybe Buff cross with a black duck like a Cayuga? I agree the white looks just like my Khaki who had mating damage.

If she is uniform in color, no lacing in her feathers, I would think she has black and buff. Maybe Buff cross with a black duck like a Cayuga? I agree the white looks just like my Khaki who had mating damage.
That would make sense. I can recite Muscovy genetics backwards, but haven't bothered checking up on domestics genetics yet, lol!

She is lovely :love
Thank you! She's a good duck. Very good broody and mom, and gets along with all the others.

I got her from a small farm animal sale a couple of summers ago. She had that white on her head already. She's probably my oldest duck right now.

Back
Top Bottom