Pekin ducks

Sophia_luvbug

Chirping
May 14, 2022
I’m new to having Pekin ducks or ducks in general they’re about four weeks old and one seems to always be breathing heavier than the other panting and it’s not hot in my room. He doesn’t have a clog nostrils as I can see but he just breeze out of his mouth and really quickly I don’t know if he’s stressed out with me but he’s printing when he’s doing it so doesn’t that mean I’m new to having Pekin ducks or ducks in general they’re about four weeks old and one seems to always be breathing heavier than the other panting and it’s not hot in my room he doesn’t have clog nostrils as I can see but he just breeze out of his mouth and really quickly I don’t know if he’s stressed out with me but he’s preening when he’s doing it so doesn’t that mean they’re comfortabl The other ones completely fine. The one who breathes a little funny also has a nice and deficiency so I’m giving him vitamin B complex and I’ve been adding a tablespoon of niacin to one cup of their food before feeding it to them for the past three weeks. I’ve had them. I got them when they were already a week old I added a photo as you can see his mouth is always open.

Attachments

• A7A28972-6855-4F6F-8F1B-6878ED836D12.jpeg
    A7A28972-6855-4F6F-8F1B-6878ED836D12.jpeg
    528.4 KB · Views: 56
Are you giving the liquid B complex over a small amount of feed or treat so you know he is getting full dose?
Pekins seem to overheat more so than other breeds. What is the temp in their brooder?
@New duck mommy 2021 might be able to help since she has a Pekin. also @CoriM has had Pekins.

No problem! Check on your duck for a few more days. Also, is their food moldy? Mold can cause many issues to ducklings.foods
Are you giving the liquid B complex over a small amount of feed or treat so you know he is getting full dose?
Pekins seem to overheat more so than other breeds. What is the temp in their brooder?
@New duck mommy 2021 might be able to help since she has a Pekin. also @CoriM has had Pekins.
ok thank you and yes I give it to her on a treat and watch as she eats it so I know she’s getting it and the temp is about 60 f room temp

I agree with Miss Lydia's recommendations on the liquid vitamin B complex - it's a very effective way to make sure they have plenty of niacin and they need 1 ml a day over treats. That said, the photo makes me think she was warm. How warm is it where you are?
The temp is about 60 there in my bedroom and thanks for all the help

Back
Top Bottom