Pekin help!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by okiemamachick, Apr 10, 2015.

1. okiemamachick

okiemamachick Chirping

Jan 11, 2015
    Oklahoma
    Hello I'm really new to ducks and I was wondering if yall had any clue of the sex of these ducks? They are 5-7 weeks old.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. okiemamachick

okiemamachick Chirping

Jan 11, 2015
    Oklahoma
    Eta I know you're supposed to be able to tell by the quack but they are always hudled up close it's hard to tell who's making what sounds.

3. madamiec

madamiec Chirping

May 4, 2013
    Roann, Indiana
    Until they get a male sex feather on the tail....you'll have to pick them up and listen. Any quack is a girl. At 5 weeks they are not making adult sounds all the time and it's just easier to pick them up to get a quack....at 7 weeks you should be able to do this fairly quickly and easily. Just looking at this age is just not really possible. And FYI these are really feathered out for just 5-7 weeks...so are you sure of the age? Are they white already or is it the camera/computer color off? They look like they are much older with tail feathers, no yellowish fuzz...

Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
  4. okiemamachick

okiemamachick Chirping

Jan 11, 2015
    Oklahoma
    You're right I jist re did my math I think they are 9 or 10 weeks old.

5. okiemamachick

okiemamachick Chirping

Jan 11, 2015
    Oklahoma
    Yes they are 99% feathered out

6. okiemamachick

okiemamachick Chirping

Jan 11, 2015
    Oklahoma
    I got them from tsc on March 4th and they didn't seem to be very old maybe 2 weeks at MOST and that's stretching it

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: