Peking Duckling with crooked neck. help

We've tried to wrap him twice. Both times he has gone into an absolute panic and throws himself down onto the ground and until he basically rips it off or finds a way to shimmy it off.. It also doesn't help that Petri acts like she has never seen him before when he's wrapped which upsets him anymore.

Are people wrapping with vet wrap? That seems to hold the wing up the best but all the pecking he does at it makes it eventually get all balled up into almost a cord around him. We also tried putting like a knee wrap almost on him which seemed to work great and be more comfortable but thats what he keeps shimmying out of.

We've tried to wrap him twice. Both times he has gone into an absolute panic and throws himself down onto the ground and until he basically rips it off or finds a way to shimmy it off.. It also doesn't help that Petri acts like she has never seen him before when he's wrapped which upsets him anymore.

Are people wrapping with vet wrap? That seems to hold the wing up the best but all the pecking he does at it makes it eventually get all balled up into almost a cord around him. We also tried putting like a knee wrap almost on him which seemed to work great and be more comfortable but thats what he keeps shimmying out of.
Yikes that too bad. I don't know except to keep trying and I think they do use vet wrap you just have to be careful you don't get it too tight. but tight enough he can't get it off.

so far this panty hose is the only thing i can keep on him. it doesn't seem to be to tight and he can move freely. He doesn't seem to upset except for the obvious reason of being a little concerned about basically being in a body cast.
Makes me think of a poodle, looking at the rear. sorry I had to laugh. I think you'll see a big difference pretty quick with this body cast on. Bless it's heart.

4 days with his nylon on! We took it off this afternoon and this is what it looks like. We think we are going to give him the night with it off and then maybe put it back on tomorrow for a few days.. what do you guys think.

Looks great but I think your right to leave it on a few more days. He looks like he's longer since wearing the nylon.
wink.png
Ya'll have done an awesome job with him
thumbsup.gif

Hello everyone! We did end up leaving Bentley's nylon on for a few more days. It is now off for good. The wing is not completely perfect but it does rest up against the body instead of sticking way out. A lot better then it was.

Bentley and Petri now live in my backyard at their new home on the river! They'll be here for the next year and next spring the three of us will move to my 42 acre horse farm that is under construction. There they will have they're own 12x12 stall with attached giant duck run and pond.

Thank you for everyones help with Bentley's crooked neck and then angel wing.

BENTLEY

PETRI

Hello everyone! We did end up leaving Bentley's nylon on for a few more days. It is now off for good. The wing is not completely perfect but it does rest up against the body instead of sticking way out. A lot better then it was.

Bentley and Petri now live in my backyard at their new home on the river! They'll be here for the next year and next spring the three of us will move to my 42 acre horse farm that is under construction. There they will have they're own 12x12 stall with attached giant duck run and pond.

Thank you for everyones help with Bentley's crooked neck and then angel wing.

BENTLEY

PETRI

He looks great and they are both very pretty, sounds like an awesome place your going to be moving too, heck the place you live at now looks pretty good too. All the best to you and Bentley and Petri
big_smile.png

Hi, just found this thread :) glad to hear Bentley is doing better! In May 2012 I rescued a tiny duck that was dumped at a park I was working at. My boss said it couldn't stay and the ogre was going to put it down. I brought it home. She had/has a crooked neck and a hunched back appearance. She spent the first few days in a pet carrier in our bedroom. Wish we had known about the supplements last year as we may have been able to straighten her out as you did Bentley. She is a happy devoted duck, she lays an egg most every day and she swims and splashes with her friends (who we had to buy for her because we didn't want her to be lonely). Her name is Quasi (as in Quasimodo) and my husband and I have become duck enthusiasts because of our sweet little Quasi, we now have a total of 5. Her only "disability" is that she can't go to the right, only goes left. We could have called her Nascar, Lol.

Hi, just found this thread
smile.png
glad to hear Bentley is doing better! In May 2012 I rescued a tiny duck that was dumped at a park I was working at. My boss said it couldn't stay and the ogre was going to put it down. I brought it home. She had/has a crooked neck and a hunched back appearance. She spent the first few days in a pet carrier in our bedroom. Wish we had known about the supplements last year as we may have been able to straighten her out as you did Bentley. She is a happy devoted duck, she lays an egg most every day and she swims and splashes with her friends (who we had to buy for her because we didn't want her to be lonely). Her name is Quasi (as in Quasimodo) and my husband and I have become duck enthusiasts because of our sweet little Quasi, we now have a total of 5. Her only "disability" is that she can't go to the right, only goes left. We could have called her Nascar, Lol.

Awww :) Sounds just like Bentley. I think I was lucky his neck straightened out. But I do think if it hadn't he would have gotten along just fine like your Quasi :)

Back
Top Bottom