Pellets or crumbles

Pellets or crumbles THAT IS THE QUESTION ??? LOL
Use the one that you have the least amount of waste. How much waste you have will depend on a few things. The height, location and type feeder you use can and will effect waste. Quit often what is tossed out of the feeder goes unseen because it is scratched into the bedding or ground. The fact is that either one from the same manufacturer is the same thing in another form. So it is just a preference of the keeper as to which one they choose. That should be determined by which one you have the least amount of waste. I use the large Solway Feeder it works well with crumbles, pellets, whole or cracked corn. The fins deter the girls from tossing food out. I also had the option of any container size.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221370627617?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for your comments. I am finding waste with both crumbles and pellets, I may have to fine a better feeder.
th.gif

I agree with the others. I feed strictly pellets and have saved quite a bit of money from the lack of waste.
I agree.

Purchased one 50# bag of crumbles........ they wasted a lot............... Then purchased 50# pellets and have NO waste. I've used pellets ever since.

One key thing is having a feeder that doesn't allow them to flick the food all over.

If you look under this post in my signature line you will find a thread on how to make your own 5 gallon bucket feeder for only $3 that will hold 25 lbs of food!!! I tried ALL the other store feeders, and a few "homemade" from BYC and the 5 gallon bucket is the best by FAR!!!

Back
Top Bottom