Pellets

Like I said above, I feed all flock. I never feed layer pellets as I dont always have layers. Between 18 birds someone is always molting, broody, or just not laying.

My bad - definitely missed that.

In that case, pellet size is all you need to worry about. I use Nutrina Nature wise All Flock pellets for my adult bantams. They're smaller than a lot of 7 or 8 week old large fowl.

Another question I would have is about your feeder set up. What kind of a feeder are you using and how high is it relative to your birds? Are they scratching feed out? Flinging it out? What is making the mess? This could be something we can help with.

My bad - definitely missed that.

In that case, pellet size is all you need to worry about. I use Nutrina Nature wise All Flock pellets for my adult bantams. They're smaller than a lot of 7 or 8 week old large fowl.

Another question I would have is about your feeder set up. What kind of a feeder are you using and how high is it relative to your birds? Are they scratching feed out? Flinging it out? What is making the mess? This could be something we can help with.
They're scooping it out l with their beaks. I bought the treadle feeder but they just will not use it. We have 3 different feeding and water stations. It's mainly my older birds who scoop it out. Right now I have these hanging at different heights since they're all different sizes and ages.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210515-102737_Tractor Supply.jpg
    Screenshot_20210515-102737_Tractor Supply.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom