Penedesenca Chick is half the size of her siblings and sleeps a lot!

Ourpeeps123

Chirping
Jan 13, 2016
View attachment 1896634 Hi! I have a Penedesenca chick who we got with another Penedesenca chick, two Ameraucanas, and two SL Wyandottes. We got them all at the same time at TSC and didn't notice any difference in size. However we now notice that one Penedesenca chick is much smaller than all of the other chicks including our other Penedesenca. She also sleeps a lot and doesn't seem to have much energy. Other chicks will be scratching and she'll just stand there or sleep. We have seen her eat and drink and none of the other chicks are picking on her from what we can tell. We have been giving her a few drops of sugar water in an attemot to get her to have more energy but it doesnt seem to be doing much. Does anyone know why this is happening or have any suggestions? This is her next to her siblings. You can see the size difference. She is the one in the corner.

View attachment 1896634 Hi! I have a Penedesenca chick who we got with another Penedesenca chick, two Ameraucanas, and two SL Wyandottes. We got them all at the same time at TSC and didn't notice any difference in size. However we now notice that one Penedesenca chick is much smaller than all of the other chicks including our other Penedesenca. She also sleeps a lot and doesn't seem to have much energy. Other chicks will be scratching and she'll just stand there or sleep. We have seen her eat and drink and none of the other chicks are picking on her from what we can tell. We have been giving her a few drops of sugar water in an attemot to get her to have more energy but it doesnt seem to be doing much. Does anyone know why this is happening or have any suggestions? This is her next to her siblings. You can see the size difference. She is the one in the corner.
I had an ameracauna very similar to that as a chick. I hand fed and and made her drink electrolyte water out of a spoon. After a few days of doing so I saw much improvement. Now she is one of my healthiest and outgoing chickens lol!

I had an ameracauna very similar to that as a chick. I hand fed and and made her drink electrolyte water out of a spoon. After a few days of doing so I saw much improvement. Now she is one of my healthiest and outgoing chickens lol!
Awesome! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom