Penguin walking hen

We had to put droopy down this morning she was just getting worse and hated to think of her suffering. Thank you guys for all the suggestions though. I think she was just too sick when she finally started to show symptoms that something was wrong
Unfortunately, that's the tough part of chicken keeping. They don't always show symptoms until it's too late. By then it's hard to find the balance of how long to try to make them better and when to let go. You gave her a chance, though, so good for you!

Thank you for that. We have had chicken going on 3 yrs but they have always been healthy or died because of stray dogs first time I had a sick one but didn't want her to suffer and didn't want to give up too soon

Thank you for that. We have had chicken going on 3 yrs but they have always been healthy or died because of stray dogs first time I had a sick one but didn't want her to suffer and didn't want to give up too soon
Like I said, it's hard to find that balance. I tend to let them go sooner now than I used to. I have babied too many animals along for too long, thinking I was "helping" them when I was actually prolonging their suffering. I will give a chicken a day or two, but if I don't see improvement, I will put them down.

Back
Top Bottom