Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Well, i am thinking they are going to have a lot of red leakage..... But I am going to grow them up a little.

Its okay for them to have the red phenotype at birth. It doesn't mean they will have red leakage as adults. When you are breeding the black/blue/splash colors there is always underlying copies of red, silver, or gold. Chances are they could be roosters, keep track of them. The brown color usually means they are carrying silver (I think). My Silver Laced Wyandottes always have some brown on them, as do the Australorps, and Ameraucana. Mama you can't cull day olds for anything except deformities (IMO). You have to feed a lot of babies to gather a nice starter flock. I know because I feed about 500 this past year!

Mama2my: Sonic and no sharing??

LOCKDOWN!!
wee.gif
pop.gif

Last year, I had one pippin before lockdown, and I thought this year I had the temperatures just right ~no early birds. WRONG! DS was candling as I was setting up bator and one of MsLadyHawkes has pipped!! Over achieving Langshans. (or maybe I could adjust my temps a bit more?)

we finally have snow. The goats are like, 'Seriously?!' Worked our butts of the last few days preparing for it, I'm so proud of us!!

Cleaned coops n runs, and got uncovered runs, covered! We put fresh dry leaves in all the runs. The kids were amazing helpers and DH even lended a hand.

I have the Bulldog. Wore it home on the motorcycle. FYI, as cute as they are, they are not meant for adults. I had to put it on backwards to keep my forehead warm. Maybe we shouldn't have been hitting 85 MPH that night?
big_smile.png
I wear it when playing with the dog. IDK if he is trying to figure it out, or me.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom