Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    My little love bug got his last Solstice present yesterday....

[​IMG]

I do believe he likes it!

[​IMG]

Goodness... I love to see that smile.

2. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

Goodness... I love to see that smile.

Makes it all worth it! Glad to see he is liking his new friend!

3. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

4. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Well, i am thinking they are going to have a lot of red leakage..... But I am going to grow them up a little.

5. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    Its okay for them to have the red phenotype at birth. It doesn't mean they will have red leakage as adults. When you are breeding the black/blue/splash colors there is always underlying copies of red, silver, or gold. Chances are they could be roosters, keep track of them. The brown color usually means they are carrying silver (I think). My Silver Laced Wyandottes always have some brown on them, as do the Australorps, and Ameraucana. Mama you can't cull day olds for anything except deformities (IMO). You have to feed a lot of babies to gather a nice starter flock. I know because I feed about 500 this past year!

6. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Mama2my: Sonic and no sharing??

LOCKDOWN!! [​IMG][​IMG]

Last year, I had one pippin before lockdown, and I thought this year I had the temperatures just right ~no early birds. WRONG! DS was candling as I was setting up bator and one of MsLadyHawkes has pipped!! Over achieving Langshans. (or maybe I could adjust my temps a bit more?)

7. Blarneyeggs

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    we finally have snow. The goats are like, 'Seriously?!' Worked our butts of the last few days preparing for it, I'm so proud of us!!

Cleaned coops n runs, and got uncovered runs, covered! We put fresh dry leaves in all the runs. The kids were amazing helpers and DH even lended a hand.

8. Blarneyeggs

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Where is everyone? Out building snowmen?

Bella Loves the snow.

[​IMG]

9. Blarneyeggs

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    This Christmas gift was a hit....with everyone.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. MotorcycleChick

MotorcycleChick Gone quackers

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    I have the Bulldog. Wore it home on the motorcycle. FYI, as cute as they are, they are not meant for adults. I had to put it on backwards to keep my forehead warm. Maybe we shouldn't have been hitting 85 MPH that night?[​IMG] I wear it when playing with the dog. IDK if he is trying to figure it out, or me.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by