Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. wlrabbitry

wlrabbitry Chillin' With My Peeps

Has anyone on here used Diatomaceous Earth as a wormer? I have used it in my dogs with great success but not sure about chickens. safe on humans too.
    Wendy

2. LittleMissPurdy

LittleMissPurdy Chillin' With My Peeps

YOU are too funny!!![​IMG]...Hey,sorry it took me sooo long, but..Yeah-sweet & sour Chicken??!! okay, don't do that to me, I'm confused enough as it is!!![​IMG]....Hope you get that credit-card thing resolved, some people don't have a life & like to mess up others....boy , you guys have certianly been BUSY..[​IMG]...all these babies...all too cute!!!!..takes me forever to get caught up..[​IMG], Sally great info!!(nasty-butt)[​IMG], keeping that handy!...hopefully never have to use it..[​IMG]

3. LittleMissPurdy

what happens, are their alot of deformities?..never even gave this a thought.."no hatching, when worming"...[​IMG]..shows what I know, not trying to be gruesome, just want understand what happens..

4. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Yes, they were deformed.

5. LittleMissPurdy

Thank you[​IMG]

6. Cheralee

Cheralee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2012
    Slippery Rock, PA
    Has anyone ever received weird PMs from people with no info on their profiles asking to have their birds? I have had a couple emails today from someone who lost a couple of their Australorps and they want mine! I responded, asking where they saw this... (I just got 5 eggs from 6 hens today, a record!). They came back with ANOTHER profile, saying BYC only let them get 2 PMs a day, and where do I live, they want to come today! I bluntly said there was a misunderstanding. None of my laying hens are available. And they want to bring their kids, ***? There's 12+ inches of snow on the roads here!

7. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    that does sound weird, i sure wouldn't tell them where i lived, they might come to rob you,or to steal your chickens when you're not home and for them to say that byc only lets them get two pms a day, whats up with that? sure sounds fishy

8. Cheralee

Cheralee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2012
    Slippery Rock, PA
    I know, right? It says my town on my profile, but good grief. I think we have it worked out. Wow.

9. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    I have been feeling bad all day. Now I have a stinkin' migraine. Guess I am going to bed. Good night, and don't chat too much. [​IMG] I don't want to have twenty pages to catch up on.
    [​IMG]

10. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    I haven't used it specifically for worming...but I do scatter it in my coop along with my woodchips to soak up any water...and give the girls places to dustbathe...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by