Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    *sigh* I've given up...gonna toss all the eggs in the trash tonight, clean the bator and get it ready for my friend to return it to RoPo...guess I just wasn't meant to have chicks in the middle of winter....what makes me sad about it is I'd promised some to Penta to replace the ones her mom's dog killed....

2. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Did you candle???

3. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Where is Penta? Any one talked to her?

4. msladyhawke

msladyhawke Poultry Connoisseur

Cool. I'll keep updating pics.

5. chiques chicks

chiques chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

OK, I admit, I buy my feed at TSC. I use flock raiser. Am I really messing up? Is there anywhere else I should be looking for feed? I really can't justify more than 100# at a time. Even 50 is fine.

6. missydcpc

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    I candled the white eggs...they seem to have quit right before or after lockdown...the rest of them I can't see anything in

7. missydcpc

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA

I buy 100 lbs of layer mash from Sundays Mill in Carlisle for $23.50 50lbs of Layena at TSC is 16.99. There's another Sundays Mill in Lewisberry and I think a 3rd location as well...they will sell as small as 25 lbs..or at least I've gotten it that small..might be possible to get it even smaller...I don't know. Personally..I'd contact your local feed mill and see what all they offer at what cost.

8. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    I was a child model (televised fashion shows), met Tempestt Bledsoe (nasty woman!) and Venessa Williams (she was really nice), and I was on some N.Y. radio show in some contest.

9. missydcpc

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    OMG OMG OMG! So I went to dump the eggs...and I have 2 pips in places I couldn't see in the bator!!!! So I added more water again...and will leave it be. I promise not even to check till tomorrow morning, and I'm not helping anyone!

10. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by