1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Missy.....Are you still upset with me?

I found a How-To!

[​IMG]

2. zinia8

zinia8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2011
    Reels Corner, PA.
    Hi Ms Goosed
    Somerset County here. Welcome aboard

3. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    Everybody that is going to the Farm Show tomorrow have fun! Take pics of your favorite chickens, no flash! Welcome to the newbies!!!

4. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    welcome ms goosed, westmoreland here

5. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    galgo.....Thanks, I heard back from the folks I got the eggs from and yes, they are most likely blue swedish, they only mark them mixed because they do have a few runners also..now for some research,,,,I have 1 blue swedish and 1 peking....they are very different is size...my original plan was for ancona and silver appleyard...but I will work with what I got for now..

Have Fun at the farm show, those crowds today would just make me very irritable.......not a people person to begin with...

....Please don't anyone get mad but I swear all those pennsylvania jokes need to have a clause put in,,,,,You must drink alcohol to live in pa..

My farm show plans are in august,,,,,we always go up to ag progress days in penn state....outside with breathing room....we stay at the cabin all week, so there's room if any one wants to go up there and not make the drive all in one day... (warning...nothing fancy,,,there's electric, but limited running water, hot water is ran from the spring and heated on a gas stove,,,,but hey it is a cabin ))

Breeds of chicks that hatched this week are...
    sussex
    maran
    ancona/orpington
    mixed from my own flock
    a few meat bird projects
    2 EE I think,, they were green eggs anyway..
    ...I have not gotten a final count yet, only lost 1 so far, didn't look good from the start though...
    Oh and the 7 quail..

And all this time hubby was saying no ducks.....he has named them ducky and abby...can you tell what he watches on tv.....

Hint for Sally the research quenn,, I hate doing research, what can you tell me about these 2 ducks.....and also galgo and sharon i think you both have ducks, if I stay with these 2 breeds since it is what I got will they meet the need of both eggs and meat..preferably broody also

Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
  6. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    if i'm the sharon your refering to, sorry i don't have ducks, did many years ago but not what you have so i have no idea[​IMG]

7. chiques chicks

chiques chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Everyone have fun at the fs! Guess ill go Wednesday, hopefully not as crowded (see others comments).
    I'm considering a new chop. Has anyone made an a frame with 8 foot sides? Thinking minimal use of materials for amount of floor space, but still high enough to work in. I'm thinking perhaps 8x16 so I can section it off. Guess I need to do some drawings to figure it out.

8. chiques chicks

chiques chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Went to a hockey game last night. $8 to park on top of price for tickets. $10 for farm show almost seems a bargain!

9. wingstone

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    Sorry not sure why I thought you had ducks, we really should all make up a list of what we got...

10. wingstone

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by