Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Someone just asked this in the drawing site, so I will repaste info on OVATIONS here..... as most do not understand this...

OVATIONS need to be used wisely https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/699980/announcing-the-new-byc-reputation-system-ovations please read this link.... here is a short paste from it.

When should Ovation Points be given?
Ovations should be given to members who make posts that are beneficial to the forum and its membership. When you give points, keep in mind that members with a high ovation level will be perceived as "top members" in the forum. Give points wisely!

When should it NOT be given?
Ovations SHOULD NOT be given for matters of personal gain. This includes giving points to friends just to boost their level, for non-helpful purposes, or anything else that does not benefit the membership as a whole.
NOTE: If we find that a member is abusing this system for their gain or to falsely boost another member’s ovation level we may remove their ovation points.

Ovation Etiquette
  • Do not beg for points
  • Do not create multiple accounts to give points to yourself. You will be caught and all your points removed.
  • Do not give points to a post of a member just because you like them. The POST itself should be worthy of the ovation points.

I love my guineas. Before I had my guineas, when I went down to take care of my chickens I had ticks on me. Now I don't have the ticks on me. I haven't seen any on my dogs or cat. Mu guineas warned me of a raccoon trying to get in my chicken run. They also chased away a hawk in the tree checking out my chicken run. They are noisy but I think they are worth it. :D

Gotta get to work. Y'all have a great rest of the day.
frow.gif

I have been looking, and cannot find my answer. Penny is a 9 -month -old Columbian Rock Cross. She lays about five days, off one. I have not seen an egg for her in about a week. I considered that she may have taken to laying on the floor (with some of the newbies), but the past 2 days she has been in the nest box. She doesn't seem stressed (struggling) and she comes out within a few minutes of my being in there. No egg. I checked her for being egg bound. Nothing. She is missing some feathers, but it looks like she is being mounted too much. I don't see mites. Could she be thinking of going broody? It is the only thing I have read that is left for an answer. The odd thing being that the most eggs are on the floor in the corner. Wouldn't she be laying there? That is where she (and the hens I had) was laying several months ago before I got new nest boxes (and put them where the 2-month-olds wouldn't be running around!).

I want to hatch some chicks this year. Had no luck with my incubator, had great success with my silkie. Would love to add another silkie. Does anyone have a silkie hen they would like to sell? I am in the Poconos.

Yep! Agree with Ray. What the heck is the turner still doing in there? They can't rock and roll if it's in there. And while we are on you! WOW Shave the legs! What happens come spring? People ask you if your gonna take the wool leggins off? LOL Sorry had to throw my lil piece in there. I foresee a
smack.gif
in my future.
yuckyuck.gif
gig.gif
...you guys are great!!!...*Sally,I will never figure out he whole"why the shaving is nessecary"..you know in alot of other countries women don't shave..
ep.gif
yeah, and that is pretty much what you do when you run into them too! hahaha, I have a cousin who doesn't shave her pits...yeah, I have to "etch-a sketch" my brain now.
he.gif
...she doesn't get a Christmas card..hee-hee. *Princess- cute baby pics, they are nice looking even if you don't know what they are
big_smile.png
....Sorry it's taken so long to get back to everyone...I have been packing..
th.gif
...I don't want to do this anymore..
hit.gif
..Still trying to catch up..
caf.gif

Back
Top Bottom