Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    [​IMG]

2. barbiegirl

barbiegirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2012
    The Poconos Pa

I'm in the pocono mountains by camelback ski resort. I am willing to drive to get her. :)

3. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    This is post 11,000 on page 1100

4. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    Thank you, Mama, for a response. It was that she is going into the box, and not doing anything that had me worried. I checked the calendar, and it has been over a week since I have seen an egg that I know is her's. No odd behavior.
    Think you can tell me why I keep finding cracked (small cracks, not "someone pecked it" cracks) on the eggs? On the floor, or in the nest. Fresh laid, and a few hours old. It started last week. Could it be that the girls are still learning, and there is too much pressure when they are coming out? No soft shells.

5. LittleMissPurdy

LittleMissPurdy Chillin' With My Peeps

haha...hog tired,..should play that number for lotto..[​IMG], MC- could they be "knocking them"- around abit, stepping on them?..idk, just throwing some things out there....do they have to "learn"?-to be good egg layers..haha

6. LittleMissPurdy

LittleMissPurdy Chillin' With My Peeps

Blarney, great pictures .. "kids on pigs!" ...thank you!...[​IMG]..wanted to go,but well you know..[​IMG], too much going on now. your pictures helped [​IMG] though..

7. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    What happened to bruce ? Is it anything we can help with ???

8. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA

That was the loudest duck!!!

9. wingstone

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    I have a silkie that acts like that on occasions, and yes she does go broody right after that, doesn't need to be eggs in the box they will sit on air if they want to.

10. wingstone

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    Blarney....yes chad was making a short joke,,,decided to let that one go....i owe him one...

Littlemisspurdy....cabin is not in penn state it is just on this side of the mountain if you know the area it is milroy exit off of 322 ..we are out in the valley just past the state park....takes us about half an hour to get to penn state from the cabin......thru that out there for anyone in this area who would like to go to ag progress, they could always stay at the cabin instead of being on the road all in one day...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by