Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Ditto with Sharron, when we decreased our guineas, I made sure the one I had seen pecking the chickens was removed. They have a pecking order too so you may have to adjust some attitudes. Our three are doing fine now. We shall see what the spring brings with them.
i would love to hatch some out, but guess what, we bought all six the lady had as peeps, and all six of them turned out to be buckwheats lol (males) now what are the odds on that?

i agree with you wingstone price of food is outta controll.. i raise and slaughter a pig and a cow every year and harvest normally 8 deer with the help of my 2 boys grow and can all summer and truely believe thats whats suppost to be.. a better life comes with better food this i am certain!

Fiancee and I try ti eat local as much as possible. I'm willing to pay a bit more to know that my food is real. I cut corners everywhere else, I won't do it with the food we eat.

Quote: my tv stand has a drawer underneath, the dishpan resides in the drawer, they do not like alot of light, if kept in a cold area they will go dormant, they can be kept refrigerated if needed to slow down growth of some, i have done this so that they would be in different stages and not all beetles at the same time.

i agree with you wingstone price of food is outta controll.. i raise and slaughter a pig and a cow every year and harvest normally 8 deer with the help of my 2 boys grow and can all summer and truely believe thats whats suppost to be.. a better life comes with better food this i am certain!
couldn't agree more.......it can be alot of work at times and would certainly be easier to just go buy it , but i was raised on homegrown and buying what you can grow is just wrong...

these people think this is health food, and have more money than brains, if YOU ask that much for six eggs they would think you were crazy, when we had good eating sheep and tried to sell it already butchered, cut and wrapped for two dollars a pound they thought something was wrong with it, hey, i have a dil that wants organic milk for her kids, my grandkids, so i bought her a milk cow, all she has to do is break it to milk(the cows in milk) my husband made her a head stanchion and taught the cow to go in to eat, all she has to do is milk her ( i also bought a stop kick so she can't kick when milking) guess i will have to break the cow myself if i can hobble down to the barn, i'm sure if i milk betty, the dil will take the milk lol
YOU are an awesome MIL. But you know what they say, you can lead an in~law to free milk, but you can't make em Milk it…. uh or something like that.

x2.... Isn't 'chicken Snob' an oxymoron?
ohhhh! No wonder I couldn't find you! Missy came, but I never saw her either. Was crazy busy today, PACKED! I will be going back on a weekday in order to avoid the crowds.
Is this a height reference?
Also, what's up with Bruce? Did I miss something? I will keep him in my prayers.
Had a good time meeting up with Pentamom and Blarney & crew at the FS today! The crowds were UNREAL! Wish I could go back on a weekeday and spend some more time browsing displays. @ Brahma fans, champion asiatic was a dark brahma at the FS. My daughter-in-law came to the FS to look at all the breeds. She has decided to join the madness and start with a few hens. She liked the buff colored americauna. Anyone on here raise them? Looking for eggs or chicks.

Back
Top Bottom