Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    i would love to hatch some out, but guess what, we bought all six the lady had as peeps, and all six of them turned out to be buckwheats lol (males) now what are the odds on that?

2. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Oh wow! Really? In the basement? Sorry, I am SO clueless.

3. Pngzv

Pngzv Out Of The Brooder

i agree with you wingstone price of food is outta controll.. i raise and slaughter a pig and a cow every year and harvest normally 8 deer with the help of my 2 boys grow and can all summer and truely believe thats whats suppost to be.. a better life comes with better food this i am certain!

4. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    WOW

5. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    Fiancee and I try ti eat local as much as possible. I'm willing to pay a bit more to know that my food is real. I cut corners everywhere else, I won't do it with the food we eat.

6. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania

7. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    couldn't agree more.......it can be alot of work at times and would certainly be easier to just go buy it , but i was raised on homegrown and buying what you can grow is just wrong...

8. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    YOU are an awesome MIL. But you know what they say, you can lead an in~law to free milk, but you can't make em Milk it…. uh or something like that.

9. msladyhawke

msladyhawke Poultry Connoisseur

Had a good time meeting up with Pentamom and Blarney & crew at the FS today! The crowds were UNREAL! Wish I could go back on a weekeday and spend some more time browsing displays. @ Brahma fans, champion asiatic was a dark brahma at the FS. My daughter-in-law came to the FS to look at all the breeds. She has decided to join the madness and start with a few hens. She liked the buff colored americauna. Anyone on here raise them? Looking for eggs or chicks.

10. Pngzv

Pngzv Out Of The Brooder

my kids actually fight for the last beat! boiled or baked they love em

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by