Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Penta, since everyone is too busy playing with Chad's ding a ling (that song is going to be stuck in my head now) to answer your question, I will do it! (knight in shining armor emoticon here)
big_smile.png
Just like your kids forget why they were mad at you the night before, chickens do too. When they wake up with new chickens, it means the newbies have had time to adjust to the presence of others, and the "feel" of a new home. It also is supposed to make the older ones think "were you there before?"
That is how it was explained to me.

Baym, I may well get more Wellie chicks in the spring from Whitmore (not a hatchery) they're down in MD not that far from me...so on one of your jaunts to HBG you could pick them up...and since they're sexable at birth, you don't have to worry about getting boys.

Penta, since everyone is too busy playing with Chad's ding a ling (that song is going to be stuck in my head now) to answer your question, I will do it! (knight in shining armor emoticon here)
big_smile.png
Just like your kids forget why they were mad at you the night before, chickens do too. When they wake up with new chickens, it means the newbies have had time to adjust to the presence of others, and the "feel" of a new home. It also is supposed to make the older ones think "were you there before?"
That is how it was explained to me.
hmm.png
Who was talking about my ding-a-ling? Nice armor btw.

Grats!

My wife has officially given me her blessing (ok she was drunk, but she remembers!) and I am slated for the zoning board next month. The landscaping projects over the past 6 months have ever so conveniently created the perfect place for a coop - I just have to finish it off. My continuing dilemna is having to choose straight run on the breeds I want and realizing that all those young men will need to find another home. So who will be my go to team for welsummer, marans and amercauna chicks and would take extra roos?
fl.gif
What are you going to the Zoning board for? Just out of curiosity. I know there are different regulations and stuff. I was told I could spend $300 to go in front of the board win or lose to gain permission for my chickens they made the zoning law so you could have them, but they are little tricksters and I miss it due to not having 150/125ft from each property line. I would go to the board, but I never have luck with that stuff and figured they would say no. My neighbors said they didn't care and would sign saying so, + I will give them eggs! The guy I was talking to was kind rude as well, Told me to buy my neighbors house. I was like um ok? And since I don't like to be told NO and I really don't have to worry about anyone telling,= why I can't have a rooster. Anyone that would want to check it out would have to walk to the end of my property, break the lock on my barn to even see my girls, but I think that is trespassing and breaking and entering at that point? We are also going to do some lovely landscaping around there run. No one will be the wiser :) Other than my telling you on a public forum... ummm...

and Good Lord that was a lot to read up from the weekend!! FS Pics are great!! :D

Last edited:
Penta....And one thing that you have done though is you have had them all in your brooder setup in the basement where they all had interactions. Where in most scenarios that is not the case.

Back
Top Bottom