Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Hello everyone...My flock of 14 is doing very well. My chicks are already over 2 months old and growing fast. I have 5 BR, 4 RIR (one Roo-I think), and 5 Silkies. They are all pretty friendly (with each other and us), even the Rooster. We have a temporary enclosure until spring because we have to move the coop to it's permanent spot.

Thanks to everyone here for their help and advice. Keeping chickens is much more fun than I remember growing up. My family and I can't wait for the fresh eggs this spring. Here are a few pics.....

104559_img_0607.jpg

104559_img_0703.jpg

104559_img_0711.jpg

Cherl in SW PA

Quote:
So nice to have chickens again, isn't it?!?!

Its very nice indeed! I missed not having them quite alot!
Cherlchickie, your flock looks nice and happy!

I posted this on the Swedish Flower Hen thread but after reading the posts there, I realized it was not a social --"Hey, look what I got!"kind of thread. Oops!

I went to Blue Knob to pick up my 5 Swedie Pies from JasonsQuail--a BYC member. His FIL is the one that is actually breeding them. And quite an impressive setup he has there. Anyway, I put my Swedies in a nice big plastic tote and placed it on a table in my toasty warm bathroom. They are doing very well. They eat and poop and eat some more and poop some more....but then finally, they sleep. I love how they sleep piled up on each other. By the second day, they were already trying to escape their little home to go exploring. So I went to Walmart and bought a BIGGER BIN. HA! The next morning, one of them was sitting on the top of that bin. So, I gave her (?) a little speech about the dangers of wandering away from her siblings and proceeded to put a screen across the top. I've been almost late for work these past few days because I can't walk past them without stopping to visit with them. Here's the first pics I took the day I brought them home. More to come ---if interested...

106808_swedish_flower_hen_chicks.jpg

106808_sfh_chicks_4.jpg

106808_sfh_chicks_3.jpg

106808_sfh_chicks_2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom