1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. hannakat

hannakat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2010
    Beaver County, PA
    Quote:[​IMG] the babies!

2. onlyme8

onlyme8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:I'm not from Jim Thorpe, but I've been there before. I really liked it because it was so historical.

3. hannakat

Jun 5, 2010
    Beaver County, PA
    Okay....gotta ask.....who's done Christmas shopping?

[​IMG]

4. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    does two presents count lol:weee

5. RtSixtySixChix

RtSixtySixChix Out Of The Brooder

Sep 16, 2011
    Westmoreland County, PA
    Hannakat--> I've made a few online purchases so far. [​IMG]

Onlyme8---> Hi, I'm from Westmoreland County too! [​IMG]

6. ben is a terror

ben is a terror Chillin' With My Peeps

anyone from carbon county pa?

7. RtSixtySixChix

RtSixtySixChix Out Of The Brooder

Sep 16, 2011
    Westmoreland County, PA
    Here's a few pics of my Swedish Flower Hen chicks. I've had them in a large tote, then a larger tote...then I found this portable play pen on Craigslist, which is working out great. I still can't tell boy/girl yet... [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I let them out each day for a bit to run around and practice their take off. Of course, I have to follow behind picking up their trails with tissues and wet wipes.

[​IMG]

This little beauty is always hogging the lime light

[​IMG]

8. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    OMG! On the rug! Too funny! I wouldn't dare. We moved from plastic tankard to baby pool with poster board duct taped around the sides. We didn't know WHAT the heck we were doing... Still pretty much don't, but we're figuring it out. We were shocked beyond belief when they started to fly and escape the baby pool. I mean, chickens don't fly... Right? Well, at least they don't in Pixar films -our greatest source of chicken education up to that point. Now we know better.

I'm in Chester County, just South of Philly, Go EAGLES!! Just hatched out our first chick through a broody hen, yes, in winter. Couldn't say no to the pleas of the kiddies. But the chick is fairing well, momma hen seems to know what she's doing.

9. hannakat

Jun 5, 2010
    Beaver County, PA
    RtSixtySixChix ~ OMGoodness! A packnplay for the chickies... that's about the best thing I've seen in ages! Very creative and it should keep the bulk of the mess IN!! hahaaaa

Blarneyeggs ~ Yep...you learn quickly! Hope mama hen continues to do a good job and lil' chickie thrives!

10. HiddenHens987

HiddenHens987 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    That crib/pack and play is a great idea!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by