Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Funny enough, I've never liked eggs, just something about them has always made me squeamish. I cook with eggs, and love the beautiful assortment of eggs that I proudly display in my fridge and various baskets . BUT I don't eat them. Anyone who knows my obsession with chickens just can't understand that I actually have the chickens for no reason other than that I love them. I've lost count of how many "pets" I have! Luckily DH and the kids love eggs, so I do have an excuse for the huge feed bills, LOL!! Funny enough, DH seems to think it would be cheaper just to buy the eggs, go figure...[​IMG]
  2. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA

Yeah...when I got my was because step-daughter and the 5 grandkids were living with us...and we were going through way too many eggs...then they moved out....and she apparently doesn't cook eggs for them....or at least never takes eggs....odd..
  3. Vinniemac

Vinniemac Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2011
    Western Pennsylvania
    Anyone know of any hatcheries or anyone selling chickens in south western Pennsylvania
  4. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

OMG I don't even want to think what my eggs actually are costing us by the dozen!!!! [​IMG][​IMG]

coop... way to much...
    feed... still a lot...
    safe run.... more again....
    baby monitor... well, we might use it for something else someday...
    security camera system.... see above! [​IMG]

Eggs by the dozen..... I don't even want to go there!! But it would have been cheaper for him to buy me jewelry!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]
  5. fisherlady

not personally... but try craigslist for Pittsburgh area, there are frequently chickens for sale on there, or you could place an ad telling what you want and may get some leads
  6. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA

Check the map and see if anyone is close to you.

But jewelry is not nearly as entertaining!
  7. roseschickies

roseschickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2012
    Horsham, Pa
    I have been talking to rhoaderunner, maybe she can help you? Seems to be the right area?
  8. fisherlady

Nope!!! It sure isn't... and I don't hardly wear jewelry anyways! LOL
    He thought he was getting off easy till the chickens came along![​IMG] (but in my defense, the baby monitor was his idea!!, and so was the camera system *sort of*)
  9. Ms Goosed

Ms Goosed New Egg

Jan 5, 2013
    Thank you for the welcome, it's nice to be among poultry people.[​IMG]
  10. Lilbrownie

Lilbrownie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2012
    Berks County Pa
    Ok so I can't take it anymore I set up my new incubator and have 7 eggs to set. Starting out small just can't wait 4 molted and 3 from the large pen know for sure one is a frizzel so my fingers are crossed it all goes well :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by