Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

A better possibility than cochin,,, didn't look that closely at the coloring,,, and not that familiar with the cuckoo version,,, could help you with egg color possibly.

my first thought when looking at this Roo was 'Cuckoo Marans'. Then I saw the leg color....I'm going with Cochin cross, does it have 5 toes? A nice looking boy none the less. And this was fun, we should play 'guess the breed ' more often. Great learning tool.

[COLOR=B22222]Can anyone tell me if there were  MARANS  entered at the farm show,,,, and possibly guess how many were entered ???[/COLOR]

Only 2 Marans at the FS, a BC Marans boy and girl, not sure of age. I got pictures and can post if you'd like. Although the boy was lying down and so his type is a mystery to me. They looked ok, I didn't like the combs on either of them but they did not DQ. The boy's coloring was a bit uneven, too much straw in the hackles (same problem I'm having), and not enough copper on the girl.

A breeder who entered over 150 birds did not show up, that left a lot of empty cages. I thought I saw that there would be 6 Marans there, but there was only the 2, they both took 1st place.

Oh, is there a prize for answering the Marans question? You may send it right over.

As far as pointing fingers for chicken Math, we blame MsLadyHawke. I don't even have to coach the kids, they encourage me to get more eggs, I say, 'what about Daddy?' And they say, 'oh, we can just tell him Michelle gave them to us.' Works like a charm, no one could hold a grudge against MsLadyHawke, she's such a sweetie.

Yesterday was a lousy rotten day. I am trying to start today off right and you guys sure help. Thank you once again for making me smile.

my first thought when looking at this Roo was 'Cuckoo Marans'. Then I saw the leg color....I'm going with Cochin cross, does it have 5 toes? A nice looking boy none the less. And this was fun, we should play 'guess the breed ' more often. Great learning tool.

I'm not sure if this one could be a learning tool, since I can't provide the actual breeds either, because I don't know.... but here are a few chickens you are welcome to practice on

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/733455/mixed-flock-but-mixed-with-what-pic-heavy

and yes, I am learning a lot about the different body types and feathering by trying to guess other's chicken pictures

Yesterday was a lousy rotten day. I am trying to start today off right and you guys sure help. Thank you once again for making me smile.
So sorry yesterday so hard.... hoping today is better....
hugs.gif

Hope today is much better!!

We are heading out to the FS in about an hour. We are hard to miss. We have 4 kiddos, 2 Chinese and 2 Ethiopian. The baby will be in a stroller. If you see us, say "hey!"

Oh, is there a prize for answering the Marans question? You may send it right over.

I do believe I remember him saying you could choose (1) 5 million dollars or (2) 500 lawyers sent to the bottom of the ocean!

I hate rotten yesterdays. Thankfully they are always behind us. And for the record, rotten yesterdays can kiss my proverbial behind too!

Today, however, is an awesome day! It can be anything! Like a bunch of nice people egging (no pun intended) you on to laugh and smile! Have a great day!

Back
Top Bottom