Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    HA! I already met Eli! Went and got button quail from him yesterday! So blow it out your ear! LOL

And his birds are bantams. The roo looks alot like a silver dorking. The one hen looks more like a feather shanked bantam langshan. That would be mama and RoPo's call.

2. chiques chicks

chiques chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Breeding color question.
    If I breed a white chicken and a black chicken, are the offspring different depending which is the hen and which is the rooster?
    Probably a stupid question. I know, no stupid questions (just stupid people, I are one at times ;) )

3. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

Thanks Blarney, not my whole flock... a few more that I didn't picture, a gold comet type hen, a white silkie who is our broody of the moment, another rooster (who actually is headed to freezer camp this weekend, he is getting way too aggressive with the hens and doesn't have the size or people personality we want to breed into the flock) another few hens who are all mixed also. 15 total. Of our 11 hens we have 6 brown egg layers, of various shades... and 5 who lay various shades of greenish blue.
    Color wise Pidgy is my favorite also, she is friendly for a bird who was never handled till adulthood, wish we'd of had her as a chick! Phyllis, the blue? hen is my next for color... but for personality wise Buffy (the gold comet type) and Spock (pictured on the thread) are far and above chatty little forward hens, very friendly and look to be picked up and given attention. Is really something to watch the personality differences.

4. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop

5. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

Welcome to the insanity!!! [​IMG]

6. chickencowranch

chickencowranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2012
    Mt Wolf, Pa
    My Coop
    That is what I thought. My mother got 8 from a hatchery in Columbia, Lancaster co and hers are so much different than the ones I have. They're bigger and nicer.

7. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    It's OK! [​IMG]

8. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

I am so excited, I got my first Black Copper Marans egg today!!! It was soo.. dark compared to my other eggs, which surprised me because the egg she hatched out of wasn't that dark at all. Not looking the gift horse in the mouth though.[​IMG]
    I heard back from the BLRW lady and I can order them now. I think I will, but I have to do something with half of them, I can't have a dozen BLRW's. My goal for this spring is to add BLRW's, Barnvelders, & Cochin's. (if anyone close to me would like to go in halves and get 1/2 the eggs, or 1/2 the chicks that end up hatching, let me know). I'd be willing to drive a half hour to meet up. They are very pretty birds[​IMG].

9. chickencowranch

chickencowranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2012
    Mt Wolf, Pa
    My Coop
    Your husband will kill you too. I'd like to get 6 chicks somehow either buy them or get a chicken to hatch some and get another coop to keep them separate from the rest of the chickens. I haven't even mentioned these plans to my husband.

10. eweaber

eweaber Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2012
    Lebanon PA
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Don't have a good picture of the other hen.
    Hens have feathers on their feet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by