Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    Ducky's for silkies, I got lots at POL if interested,,,,need duckies for my fix, the waddle and antics of the duckies are so worth the mes.

The poster for the SLW, be very careful of the hatchery birds, I have had some very bad one's....maybe check with heather or ray for better quality birds, on my 3rd rooster and finally got a good one, they do tend to be a mean one.

Sally I have only done FF for quail, it makes a tremendous different for smell with them, will be watching to see how it goes, wish my schedule would allow this just for the cleaning benefits

2. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    I really need to find something more constructive to do sunday mornings than sit here and talk to myself,,,,my household sleeps in sunday's so I try to be quiet, but it's hard cause I am usually awake by 5 am to me that's lunch time and my belly says so...

How can everyone miss the sunrise, best part of the day ???[​IMG]

3. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Does sound good…but for people? MC, you are not whipping up FF for people, right? I prefer to ferment myself with some of Chad's ahem…'Orange Juice'.
    I was watching out the window on Thurs Morning, DS was feeding the broody and her 7 week old chicks. This is usually MY job, these chicks are a little wild as they have been with a broody. So one escapes and I watch him chase it in circles around and around the broody coop. (When they get out on me, I put down scratch in the coop and let Momma call them back). I thought, 'oh boy, he's frustrated. It is cold and wet out there AND he's doing my chore, this isn't good.' This goes on a while before he catches her. Then I watch as he lifts her to his face, gives her a snuggle, then sets her back with Mom. What a heartwarming moment. He is a teenager after all. So good to see him love up a chook.

Great Hiding Spot!

4. Blarneyeggs

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Hey! Yer not talking to yourself, I'm here!! The smell of gasoline has me almost in tears, Our neighbor stores his dirt bike in our basement and it's leaking gasoline. My Whole house REEKS. I think I should watch the sunrise outside with the dogs AND some fresh air!! (oh, and coffee!)

5. Blarneyeggs

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    One more Farm Show pic, I could NOT resist snapping this one. No, I don't know this man, but I think we all can relate.

[​IMG]

6. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Oh yes....

Wing that is like me I suffer horrible insomnia and I am usually awake when everyone else is asleep. Hard being quiet for hours on end!

I think I have too many breeds of chickens here. I am seriously considering cutting down to one or two breeds and then just my layers. Problem is figuring out which breeds to keep. Guess I am just having one of those moments when I am feeling very overwhelmed and a little distracted. Those of you that focus on one or two breeds, how did you decide which ones? There are SO many lovely breeds of chickens out there to chose from!

I am done incubating and will be cleaning and putting away the bator for at least several months. I started it up to hatch out some of Tara's eggs and I have 13 of her peeps now I need to go through them and cull hard for feet. So if anyone is looking for some cute little silkie peeps, let me know.

7. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA

X2, it took me 4 tries to find a rooster that would not attack dd. I went to the the best breeder I know of, and begged him to find the nicest looking friendly cockerel he had (Foley). He said his wife handles most of the chickens. She recommended my boy, but wanted to keep him. Like I said I begged.

8. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    Gmamma, actually color wise, the one on the left is better. It has lacing, not just black tips.

9. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    the bird on the right has incomplete lacing.

10. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    is anyone going to the north east poultry congress in springfield mass next weekend? I have a bird that needs a ride to PA from the show. please me and what you would charge. thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by