Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

[quote
[COLOR=0000FF]I was watching out the window on Thurs Morning, DS was feeding the broody and her 7 week old chicks.  This is usually MY job, these chicks are a little wild as they have been with a broody.  So one escapes and I watch him chase it in circles around and around the broody coop.  (When they get out on me, I put down scratch in the coop and let Momma call them back).  I thought, 'oh boy, he's frustrated.  It is cold and wet out there AND he's doing my chore, this isn't good.'  This goes on a while before he catches her.  Then I watch as he lifts her to his face, gives her a snuggle, then sets her back with Mom.  What a heartwarming moment. He is a teenager after all.  So good to see him love up a chook.  [/COLOR]

[
[/quote]

My 13 year old goes out to help without being asked. Sometimes I have to beg him NOT to go out, so I get a turn, lol. He made the supply shed a little messy, but I won't complain. My youngest isn't as interested, yet. When its nice out he pays a bit more attention, but my oldest is the animal lover. He keeps stealing my iPad to "research" chicken breeds, and is currently bugging me for it as I type. He want 30 more chickens! I have to find a way to reign him in, I only want about ten more.

With my silver laced wyandottes, my hens are mean and my rooster is so nice and friendly. My hens try to kill any new comers, I can't put any new chickens with them.

Yesterday I was able to get my 2 new silkies, a 1 year old hen and a 1 month old. They are so loveable and friendly. They love being held. So cute, I love them already. :D

Mama2my, these pics are for you! The first pic is of my favorite! I realize he is all wrong, looks kinda blue, has a dark beak, I don't know what the heck is up with his wings, and I feel certain it's a roo… but I LOVES him. Looks like there is some split wing going on with the others, but posted some pictures to Walt (Fowlman), he's a judge and has been raising and showing chooks forever. He told me to hold on to them, so… I AM.

That first little guy is adorable... and I really like the one on the right in the other pic! and that's a great shot!

With my silver laced wyandottes, my hens are mean and my rooster is so nice and friendly. My hens try to kill any new comers, I can't put any new chickens with them.

Yesterday I was able to get my 2 new silkies, a 1 year old hen and a 1 month old. They are so loveable and friendly. They love being held. So cute, I love them already.
big_smile.png
Blarney has a saying...... If you dont post a pic they dont exist..... how does she phrase that!

Hehe. I will post pics when I get on my computer tomorrow. My little silkie is sleeping in that room now and I don't want to wake her up. I'm on my tablet and can't post pictures from here.

Does sound good…but for people? MC, you are not whipping up FF for people, right? I prefer to ferment myself with some of Chad's ahem…'Orange Juice'.
I was watching out the window on Thurs Morning, DS was feeding the broody and her 7 week old chicks. This is usually MY job, these chicks are a little wild as they have been with a broody. So one escapes and I watch him chase it in circles around and around the broody coop. (When they get out on me, I put down scratch in the coop and let Momma call them back). I thought, 'oh boy, he's frustrated. It is cold and wet out there AND he's doing my chore, this isn't good.' This goes on a while before he catches her. Then I watch as he lifts her to his face, gives her a snuggle, then sets her back with Mom. What a heartwarming moment. He is a teenager after all. So good to see him love up a chook.

Great Hiding Spot!
You've got a good kid there Blarney, teenager or not!

Yesterday I was able to get my 2 new silkies, a 1 year old hen and a 1 month old. They are so loveable and friendly. They love being held. So cute, I love them already.
big_smile.png
My SLW hen (who is a hatchery bird) is mean to my banty hens. If my younger DS didn't like her, she'd probably make a trip to green dragon.

Last edited:
You can go visit Lebanon Levi anytime over at the Fire Company in Richland.

okay.

Sheep cheese is very mild...agreed

Sally....Lebanon Levi...yeah my brother's ex-gf dated him. Those guys aren't strangers.

MC...Whatever you have heard has got to be rumors! Pretty sure of it...maybe

Blarney...ah yes the OJ

Show birds...yeah it's recommended to quarantine just in case they come home with something. and it's good to work them back into the temp change from being inside to back outside again.
I love that show. My hubby says it's all fake. I think it's a mixture of of a little bit of truth that's been exaggerated. You guys are a lot closer to that area than I am. Does anyone have any info on it?

The Amish in our area won't let the English, as they call us, take their picture. I think they must be much more formal up here than down that way. Even had one ask me (politely) to see my camera, just in case. I knew they didn't like it, so I didn't have any on there.

The Amish are like any other group... there are good and bad, just depends on who you are exposed to.... my neighbors are Amish, but they have electricity and a phone in the house, I caught their grandkids throwing rocks at one of my dogs once and many in this area have TVs.
Just suffice it to say I am not very impressed with the ones I am exposed to.

Back
Top Bottom