Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. RhodeIslandRedFan

RhodeIslandRedFan Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2009
    Central PA
    My flock was attacked by my neighbor's dog yesterday, on my property right in front of my house. He was able to catch once of my hens and tore out many feathers, but luckily it appears she will be OK, thanks to my son who was nearby and came to her rescue. I found some interesting information on PA's dog laws, and thought this might be helpful to others on this forum who have trouble with neighbors who let their dogs run at large. Here is a link: http://www.agriculture.state.pa.us/...censing-&navid=12&parentnavid=0&palid=100&

2. maizy'smom

maizy'smom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    Philadelphia suburbs
    Quote:Do you have any details on the farm show? Might go if I knew when/where, etc.
    Thanks!

mm

2012 PA Farm Show Info

Thanks so much! I'm drooling over the food court! And the baby chicks, and the poultry, and the goats, and the horses, and the wool, and the maple products, and the................[​IMG]

3. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    We had mushroom sandwiches and honey icecream. Oohed and ahhed over what chickens my 5 yo let us stick around for. May see if my vest friend wants to go during the day this week.

4. QuailHollow

QuailHollow Chillin' With My Peeps

We just got back from the farm show tonight. I have some pictures of our birds. I'll have to post them in a bit.

5. QuailHollow

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  6. Scooter&Suzie

Scooter&Suzie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    Quote:So pretty! I'm gonna head over there sometime this week, I'll make sure to check those numbers!

7. QuailHollow

Scooter&Suzie :

Quote:So pretty! I'm gonna head over there sometime this week, I'll make sure to check those numbers!

They aren't all mine. I took some random photos! Buff ameraucana was nice. Not sure who he belonged to.​

8. CRH1223

CRH1223 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 4, 2009
    PA
    Is anybody looking to purchase a Pekin duck to join there family?

9. 3riverschick

3riverschick Poultry Lit Chaser

May 19, 2009
    western PA
    My Coop
    Quote:---------
    Last time I checked you could shoot that dog dead for attacking your livestock if you caught it in the act (double check that with current regs). I believe the owner of the dog is also responsible for reparations(payment) for your attacked (dead and injured) livestock, esp. if the livestock was on your property and the dog entered your property to attack them. Man, I would be ticked! And over at their door demanding payment for damages!
    Go get um,
    Karen in Ligonier.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  10. RhodeIslandRedFan

RhodeIslandRedFan Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2009
    Central PA
    Quote:---------
    Last time I checked you could shoot that dog dead for attacking your livestock if you caught it in the act (double check that with current regs). I believe the owner of the dog is also responsible for reparations(payment) for your attacked (dead and injured) livestock, esp. if the livestock was on your property and the dog entered your property to attack them. Man, I would be ticked! And over at their door demanding payment for damages!
    Go get um,
    Karen in Ligonier.

Hi Karen! Luckily my hen is ok. She lost a lot of feathers and had some raw areas on her skin, but they are healing well. I told my neighbor that if I needed to take my hen to the vet for any treatment related to the attack, I would see her with the bill. I also told her that if her dog showed up on my property again (on the security cameras on my property) I would be calling the state game warden at the Dog Law Enforcement Office. The dog hasn't been around yet since.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by