Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

My flock was attacked by my neighbor's dog yesterday, on my property right in front of my house. He was able to catch once of my hens and tore out many feathers, but luckily it appears she will be OK, thanks to my son who was nearby and came to her rescue. I found some interesting information on PA's dog laws, and thought this might be helpful to others on this forum who have trouble with neighbors who let their dogs run at large. Here is a link: http://www.agriculture.state.pa.us/...censing-&navid=12&parentnavid=0&palid=100&

Quote:
Do you have any details on the farm show? Might go if I knew when/where, etc.
Thanks!

mm

2012 PA Farm Show Info

Thanks so much! I'm drooling over the food court! And the baby chicks, and the poultry, and the goats, and the horses, and the wool, and the maple products, and the................
big_smile.png

We had mushroom sandwiches and honey icecream. Oohed and ahhed over what chickens my 5 yo let us stick around for. May see if my vest friend wants to go during the day this week.

Scooter&Suzie :

Quote:
So pretty! I'm gonna head over there sometime this week, I'll make sure to check those numbers!

They aren't all mine. I took some random photos! Buff ameraucana was nice. Not sure who he belonged to.​

Quote:
---------
Last time I checked you could shoot that dog dead for attacking your livestock if you caught it in the act (double check that with current regs). I believe the owner of the dog is also responsible for reparations(payment) for your attacked (dead and injured) livestock, esp. if the livestock was on your property and the dog entered your property to attack them. Man, I would be ticked! And over at their door demanding payment for damages!
Go get um,
Karen in Ligonier.

Last edited:
Quote:
---------
Last time I checked you could shoot that dog dead for attacking your livestock if you caught it in the act (double check that with current regs). I believe the owner of the dog is also responsible for reparations(payment) for your attacked (dead and injured) livestock, esp. if the livestock was on your property and the dog entered your property to attack them. Man, I would be ticked! And over at their door demanding payment for damages!
Go get um,
Karen in Ligonier.

Hi Karen! Luckily my hen is ok. She lost a lot of feathers and had some raw areas on her skin, but they are healing well. I told my neighbor that if I needed to take my hen to the vet for any treatment related to the attack, I would see her with the bill. I also told her that if her dog showed up on my property again (on the security cameras on my property) I would be calling the state game warden at the Dog Law Enforcement Office. The dog hasn't been around yet since.

Back
Top Bottom