Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    I've heard of them unlocking a thread. A lot of this.............. . [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    orange and baby blue.......I could see that!

3. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

4. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Sally, are you looking to be my lil Yoda? Problems come, yes.

5. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

This is so funny, because i was "there" too, but never asked myself the "what am I going to do with all of these birds" question. So poor DH built me 3 coops and 2 runs last summer. And I still have birds tucked in every corner. I had a serious case of the gotta-have-it's. It's been a big year of learning for me, but I've had lots of fun for the most part. Some things I would change, but you live, you learn.
    eweaber: as for breeds to increase in popularity, I would vote for the Barnvelder. I just think the hens are so beautiful!! Valuable lesson for my area was that I need darker colored birds. I have had 3 birds attacked or taken by hawks, all 3 lavender or splash. Barnies are the nice dark color I'm aiming for now. I'll be hatching some out next month, but the eggs weren't easy to find!

6. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Its a chicken math thing! We have all experienced it. What about Wellies? They are darker colored bird and lay a darker egg.

7. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

8. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA

I'm all for heritage breeds. I want to get Barnvelders and Buckeyes and Iowa Blues this year.

Oh, I totally get that. At my first wedding, my flower girl didn't want to do ANYTHING to do with pictures. 15 years later we're sitting at my brother's wedding and she turns to my sister, "If you ever get married, can I be your flower girl? I promise I'll even take pictures!" So 2 years later, when my sister gets married, my cousin who is now 20 is her flower girl! LOL. At that wedding...the limo broke down on the way to pick up the bride, so my sister sent all the flowers in my jeep, told the girls to drive themselves to the church, and her FIL took her in his car, as it was the only one low enough for her to get in!

I've heard of them getting unlocked...not sure what will change the mods minds about them being locked. Guess it depends on why.

LOL That'll prolly be me. I'm either doing the favors (chocolate and caramel covered apples) or I'll pay a friend to do them! And I really need to get started on the aisle runner and the name cards which will be leaf shaped salt dough ornaments.

I made my girls in my first wedding wear teal with black lace HOOP SKIRTS what ever was I thinking???

I figure I don't need to breed them all...so they can just be together in a beautiful mixed backyard flock.

9. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    ?

10. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    LOL I was just thinking of something. Missy you and your breeding your mix made me think. I talked to Bruce and told him about the eggs I have coming for me and some for him. He said " hang on Chad, I have to grab the nurse" than I hear..." Excuse me, I need to leave for a lil bit. I have to go look at egg colors and breed chickens, I'll be back in a lil" Than he gets back on with me..."Chad, they won't let me leave" [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by