Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    It's ok MC. Missy is just sensitive and having some premarital man hate. Not to feel as though this has any bearing on your comment. Bridezillas really are real.

2. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA

LMAO...I'm the most laid back bride....prolly cause all of the big decisions are done!

3. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    John,

Could you post the information here to benefit all?

Thanks!

4. eweaber

eweaber Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2012
    Lebanon PA
    What breed or breeds would you like to see increase in popularity in the area? I am thinking more of rare breeds not your favorite. Thank You

5. Baym

Baym Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2012
    Southeastern PA

Good for you Missy. Enjoy every last bit of it, even the things that don't go as planned. On my wedding day like 23 years ago this year, it was 175 degrees (or felt like it) and the sweat was pouring off my wife and I. At one point, someone snapped a photo of me wiping the sweat off my wife's nose. The minister whispered "I hope neither of you pass out and none of the old people die from the heat." He wasn't the least bit kidding.

We made it through that, then all loaded up on a trolley car to the reception. My wife sarcastically asked, "Well it is all downhill from here" and with that the trolley car driver responded, "I hope so because my engine light just came on." We literally drove 10 mph a distance of about 8 miles and arrived to the reception late. We laughed the entire way, mainly due to my brother's bright idea to load 10 bottles of wine and 4 cases of beer on to the trolley for 12 people.

Life isn't a script. It is best to enjoy improvising.

6. Gardeningmama

Gardeningmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Quick Question. I read the rules, and am not finding the answer. Anyone know if a thread has been locked, if it will ever be unlocked? Any steps that can be taken to beg to get it unlocked?

7. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    That's awesome! I was doing the finishing touches to the flower arrangements and such right before the wedding. My best man and I are there making sure we have enough bouquets, boutonnieres and center pieces. I am a slight control freak and did too much of the stuff myself. She didn't want to do anything and I didn't wanna pay folks to do what I can do.

8. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    That's a great way to look at it!

9. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Everyone pretty much gets what they want. And in most cases people's favorite are the ones that are increasing in popularity. Such as the wyandottes sil laced is popular and from the looks of FB still increasing in popularity. The Blue laced red wyandotte is also popular and a favorite, but everyone is starting to raise them. Seramas, marans, orpingtons, cochins......You could get lost in all the breeds. It's better to find one or two and focus on them. Yep I was there...I wanted them all...than realized *** am I gonna do with all these breeds. So I moved my focus down to brown egg layers for production and marans.

10. eweaber

eweaber Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2012
    Lebanon PA
    My wife stopped asking my opinion when I wanted Orange and Baby blue vests for the groomsmen and I, (Dumb and Dumber). I also wanted to get matching Chuck Tailors for everyone. She called her mom crying and told her what I wanted. My wonderful mother-in-law told her It is my wedding too and if that is what I want she should let me have it. I still have the shoes in my closet.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by