Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Just a reminder to all the fanciers in the Central Pa area (York, Adams, Dolphin and Lancaster) that you have one of the oldest poultry clubs in our nation right here in South Central Pa. York County Poultry Fanciers Association. We will be having our show this April the 13th with open and Junior class. We will have a junior showmanship, Chinese auction, bird sale etc.

We are always glad to welcome new members, talk chicken and enjoy the fellowship of other poultry enthusiast. Our club is small but growing again and has years of experience from some of the top breeders, and you can even throw some questions to a member who is an APA judge to gain some valuable experience for your next years breeding or deciding on what birds would best suit your needs.

Being a member will include monthly meetings, being part of the show experience and a picnic in the summer with a VIP poultry show. Many more opportunities will emerge as the club continues to grow and support the present and future generations of poultry fanciers!

Hope I did not get carried away.

PM me for more information

John

John,

Could you post the information here to benefit all?

Thanks!

LMAO...I'm the most laid back bride....prolly cause all of the big decisions are done!

Good for you Missy. Enjoy every last bit of it, even the things that don't go as planned. On my wedding day like 23 years ago this year, it was 175 degrees (or felt like it) and the sweat was pouring off my wife and I. At one point, someone snapped a photo of me wiping the sweat off my wife's nose. The minister whispered "I hope neither of you pass out and none of the old people die from the heat." He wasn't the least bit kidding.

We made it through that, then all loaded up on a trolley car to the reception. My wife sarcastically asked, "Well it is all downhill from here" and with that the trolley car driver responded, "I hope so because my engine light just came on." We literally drove 10 mph a distance of about 8 miles and arrived to the reception late. We laughed the entire way, mainly due to my brother's bright idea to load 10 bottles of wine and 4 cases of beer on to the trolley for 12 people.

Life isn't a script. It is best to enjoy improvising.

LMAO...I'm the most laid back bride....prolly cause all of the big decisions are done!
That's awesome! I was doing the finishing touches to the flower arrangements and such right before the wedding. My best man and I are there making sure we have enough bouquets, boutonnieres and center pieces. I am a slight control freak and did too much of the stuff myself. She didn't want to do anything and I didn't wanna pay folks to do what I can do.

Good for you Missy. Enjoy every last bit of it, even the things that don't go as planned. On my wedding day like 23 years ago this year, it was 175 degrees (or felt like it) and the sweat was pouring off my wife and I. At one point, someone snapped a photo of me wiping the sweat off my wife's nose. The minister whispered "I hope neither of you pass out and none of the old people die from the heat." He wasn't the least bit kidding.

We made it through that, then all loaded up on a trolley car to the reception. My wife sarcastically asked, "Well it is all downhill from here" and with that the trolley car driver responded, "I hope so because my engine light just came on." We literally drove 10 mph a distance of about 8 miles and arrived to the reception late. We laughed the entire way, mainly due to my brother's bright idea to load 10 bottles of wine and 4 cases of beer on to the trolley for 12 people.

Life isn't a script. It is best to enjoy improvising.
That's a great way to look at it!

What breed or breeds would you like to see increase in popularity in the area? I am thinking more of rare breeds not your favorite. Thank You
Everyone pretty much gets what they want. And in most cases people's favorite are the ones that are increasing in popularity. Such as the wyandottes sil laced is popular and from the looks of FB still increasing in popularity. The Blue laced red wyandotte is also popular and a favorite, but everyone is starting to raise them. Seramas, marans, orpingtons, cochins......You could get lost in all the breeds. It's better to find one or two and focus on them. Yep I was there...I wanted them all...than realized *** am I gonna do with all these breeds. So I moved my focus down to brown egg layers for production and marans.

My wife stopped asking my opinion when I wanted Orange and Baby blue vests for the groomsmen and I, (Dumb and Dumber). I also wanted to get matching Chuck Tailors for everyone. She called her mom crying and told her what I wanted. My wonderful mother-in-law told her It is my wedding too and if that is what I want she should let me have it. I still have the shoes in my closet.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom