Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

To the untrained eye, this may seem to be garbage. It's looking like free feed for my goat friends to me! I am NOT above prospering from a dumpster dive every now and again. They kids are going to disown me if I try fitting another 8 foot tree in the car with them.

To the untrained eye, this may seem to be garbage. It's looking like free feed for my goat friends to me! I am NOT above prospering from a dumpster dive every now and again. They kids are going to disown me if I try fitting another 8 foot tree in the car with them.
LOL can they eat them???

Well we decided to candle again tonight while our broody Gracie was off the nest for her evening stretch and scratch time
and.....

We had 8 dancing eggs!! All 8 showed obvious dark spot, veins and were wiggling!!! We couldn't be happier with how great Gracie is doing!

ya.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif

11 days to go....
th.gif

Oh no, I checked my coop tonight and was expecting to find an egg, and there was just a yolk, no shell! Is that normal? It was by my entrance not even near a box!

I am the worst with chickens! Gaaaa:(

Last edited:
Oh no, I checked my coop tonight and was expecting to find an egg, and there was just a yolk, no shell! Is that normal? It was by my entrance not even near a box!
One of our young hens did that about 2 wks after she started laying... she laid an egg with a really soft shell right at our feet (literally, we were out in the yard with a table set up cleaning fish and she came over and laid it)... then about 45 mins later Mindy came running all worried and upset acting and followed her and found the hen acting funny again. And with Mindy hovering over her she squatted again and laid another egg without a shell. It never happened again... and I figured it was due to her age since it never happened again. Hopefully that is all it is for your girl also.

Well we decided to candle again tonight while our broody Gracie was off the nest for her evening stretch and scratch time
and.....

We had 8 dancing eggs!! All 8 showed obvious dark spot, veins and were wiggling!!! We couldn't be happier with how great Gracie is doing!

ya.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif

11 days to go....
th.gif
yesss.gif
bun.gif

Back
Top Bottom