Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    suns out here this morning, cold but at least it looks warm, so wish the heat would get here, i hate winter.[​IMG]

2. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Well all my birdies are now on FF!! and its all bubblin away!!! YAY!! and I am finding after this week they have some left over so I will start to reduce!! I will crack two eggs today to see if they are larger yet!! Trick was, keep it warm, UNCOVERED, and only enough feed for the daily rations, and now its easy!!! I am still trying to find a better way to drain the starter feed as it just holds the moisture and doesnt drain well.....

ITS AMAZING ITS WORKING ~ ps poo still does stink in the chicks brooder though....
    And I love the smell, like a BREWERY!! LOL but I hate beer go figure

Plus I am now ordering whole grains from the mill to add to feed....
    I ordered wheat, oats and cracked corn to start... I forgot to ask about BOSS : (
    Next time!!

3. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    Grrr!!! When I went out to let the chickens out/gather the morning eggs...there was one in one of the nest boxes with 3 eggs...I thought she was trying to go broody as she was "moving" one with her beak....well..I just went out again...same 3 eggs in the nest box. I collected them and started walking to the house...when I discovered she'd popped a hole in the one! I swear I'm going to wring her neck. I know you can't really stop them from being egg eaters once they start....

4. Baym

Baym Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2012
    Southeastern PA
    Is it too late for you to make that one over easy for me? On an english muffin? With bacon?

5. Anyone near northeast PA - I'm from Little Meadows. At the tippy top ;). Would love to talk chicken & so on.

6. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    sally, did you find the link for voting for elmer? since i have no idea how to send you the link [​IMG], its on page 1201, post # 12265

7. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG]....
    I guess my whiskey in my evening tea isn't such a strange thing then!
    our trip to Northern Tennessee this past fall provided me with a great assortment of Moonshine and Whiskey...
    [​IMG] Note- this isn't my shelf! but the distillery showroom! [​IMG]
    but we did end up bringing home 8 bottles of good stuff!! [​IMG]

Did it look like she'd actually been working on eating it or did she just accidently break a hole in it while moving it around? If she was eating it I would think she would have eaten most of it or really broke it open.
    I am amazed Gracie hasn't broken one yet with the way she rolls those eggs around... us folks shouldn't worry about handling them after watching her shove them around!

8. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA

Welcome!! Love the screen name.

1 person likes this.
  9. fisherlady

fisherlady Overrun With Chickens

Welcome!
    Glad you found us!

1 person likes this.
  10. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    Umm...it would only be a little bit of yolk!
    Welcome! If you click on the link in my signature line you can see where everyone is! And if you want to be on the map, you just need to provide me with your zip code and I'll add ya!
    Oh, no, she was working on it...it now looks like an astronaut helmet...she opened it side to side and about 1 inch tall! GRRR!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by