Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

I haven't fired up my incubator yet ~ but I'm getting ready to soon!

2. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA

*bounces waiting for Julie to fire up the incubator*

So I went to a seminar at the local feed store today. One of the presenters raises silver seabrights, and was offering to give away 4 cockerels....I didn't get any, but I talked to him about the fact that I'd really like a trio, even of his rejects. He called about 3 hours later, told me that when he got home, he decided he just had too many, and offered me some! I go pick them up Monday! Yay!!!!

3. charmedbychickens

charmedbychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Ohio
    I hatched some out last weekend. I have two batches in the brinsea for a staggered hatch. Waiting for my eggs from the Feb swap. I'm with you Sharron- told myself I wouldn't hatch in the winter. They leave my basement in a dusty mess. But I just can't help it. I miss the little buggers.

4. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    i have to have mine in the birdroom(i raise english keets and bourkes here) which leaves me very little room on the floor due to brooders lol but anyway, i already have lemon cuckoo's and marans out there, now my blue wheaten marans are hatching, already have four with who know how many more out of a dozen eggs that will hatch BUT still very happy about it.[​IMG]

5. PAchickenlover

PAchickenlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2011
    York
    My bator is up and running also.. It is a home made bator...lol... made out of an old cooler... but it is working.. I have 6 Banty eggs to hatch in the next week or so... a bunch od duck eggs due on the 9th (i think) and some more chicken eggs (mixed breeds since we didn't get our new coop built and dont have the breeds seporated yet) and then I have 16 more duck eggs that I set Friday... I hate the waiting.... Seems like it takes forever... Thank goodnesss they are not like humans LMBO.

6. sharron

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    home made or not, if it works thats all that counts, me, not smart enough to make one lol, glad to know that i'm not the only one crazy enough to set eggs this time of the year [​IMG]

7. PAchickenlover

Jun 29, 2011
    York
    [​IMG] Nope, I'm crazy too.. lol.. Hubby doesn't know what to do with me... I keep wanting to hatch eggs all the time lol... It is soooo addictive...

8. sharron

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    tell me about it, mine keeps asking me, where are you going to put them? you have enough chickens, i admit, i do tend to go crazy
    when it comes to wanting this kind and that kind, they're just all so pretty but i think i'm done for now lol, unless they come out with
    a new breed [​IMG] so far i have cornation sussex, lav. orpingtons, lemon cuckoo orpingtons, blue wheaten marans, a couple of mille
    fleur cochins, lemon blue cochins and some that were suppose to be lemon cuckoo's but i think might be buff orpingtons, i did have
    kight sussex's and black copper marans but got rid of them, thank goodness for friends
    thank goodness my hubby keeps making me chicken tractors[​IMG] (and five acres)

9. PAchickenlover

Jun 29, 2011
    York
    We are going to be building a new coop... we are waiting for our income tax return check to come.... Looks like I'm going to be expanding my plans now too... Others convinced me that my plans were too small... Here is what I am thinking on doing now.
    [​IMG]I dunno what else to do... I want to seporate my breeds so that I can gather eggs and know they are from the breed I want.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2012
  10. sharron

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    looks good, but if you're anything like me, just won't be big enough lol
    right now some of mine are mixed cause of winter, after the winter breaks, will
    seperate them again, so i can get pure bred eggs for hatching.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by