Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. RaZ

RaZ Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Caseville, MI
    Just a question, but is is the centre part an aisle? If so 2 feet seems kind of narrow to maneuver through. If you widened it to 4 feet, it would be easily to move through for cleaning and whatnot. And it was give you the same square footage as the other 4 rooms (in case you added another breed) [​IMG]

2. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

I agree on widening the center aisle. You then could also use the area at the back for storage and feed. I have a feed/storage area in my bigger coop and love it!

3. PAchickenlover

PAchickenlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2011
    York
    Yes the area in the back is for feed/storage area. It does make sense to make the isle way 4 ft. Then at least I could get my wheelbarol in to assist in cleaning out the pens.. [​IMG] Great thoughts! Thanks. oh my gosh there are so many things I can think of as to why to make the isle way even larger.. Such as having a place for a brooder box to sit... Oh, wow sounds like I need to go back to the drawling board... Hmmmmmmmmmm...

4. PAchickenlover

PAchickenlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2011
    York
    Ok It has been revised.... I just hope we can afford it...
    [​IMG]
    We are hoping that my hubby's grandfather will still let us tear apart the one building that is at his old farm.. That would really help in lowering the cost of building it... Oh, does anyone know, are we going to need a building permit for something like this? I am slightly worried about that... Windsor twp. can be a pain in the butt.

5. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    check about the permit, i know here in westmoreland county we have to have a permit for everything, even chicken tractors,
    you know they have to get every little penny out of you they can

6. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    I picked up 3 silver seabrights today!!! The perfect anniversary present!

7. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Happy Anniversary!!

8. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    I am so excited! My 6 silkie peeps go in the breeders incubator tomorrow. These are our first ever, although I have been wanting them for 5 + years.

My new problem is I already want more, lol!! And I can't decide what kind.

Anyhow... just had to share my excitement!

9. galgo98

galgo98 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2011
    Lebanon, Pennsylvania
    I have a white Chinese Goose posted in the classifieds section that was rescued and now needs a good home. If anybody is interested, or knows somebody who is interested please contact me. I will not ship the goose, but I am willing to travel to meet. This goose has been dumped once, I am looking for a good forever home!

[​IMG]

10. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA

Congrats on the new little peeps!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by