Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    Got our first egg from our silver seabrights. Yay!

2. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

[​IMG]

3. galgo98

galgo98 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2011
    Lebanon, Pennsylvania
    My peeps hatched!!!! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    Congrats! Aren't babies sooo much fun?

5. galgo98

galgo98 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2011
    Lebanon, Pennsylvania
    They are adorable!! This was my first hatch, so I'm very proud of my little chicks.

I am a little worried about the little one's legs (far left on pic). It was the last one hatched (Sat. am). It doesn't want to stand up right and its little feet are a curled some. The legs and toes are not stiff. I can move them and he pushes against my fingers with both legs, and curls his feet around my finger also. He just seems uncoordinated. I've been giving him little drops of the Chick-starter water and he does peck at the food on the ground. He seems stronger today. Should I just wait and see or is there something else I should be doing?

6. hannakat

hannakat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2010
    Beaver County, PA
    Adorable babies!

7. hannakat

hannakat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2010
    Beaver County, PA
    I'm putting a request out ... we're looking for a mature, FRIENDLY rooster for our small flock. Since our girls free range, I'd really feel better if there was a rooster around. Our rooster was always great about alerting the girls to danger and keeping them rounded up, so I miss that...not sure if they do or not! hahaaaaaa

8. swataracreek

swataracreek Chillin' With My Peeps

Has anyone heard about the act 91 manure management process from what i have been told if you have 1 horse or 1 cow or 10 chickens you need a plan.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  9. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    I have heard about act 91................ It has been in effect since 1986. There is a manual, you can google it. You can make your own plan. It is really only needed if a DEP official asks you to see it. The 2nd to last update was made in 11/2001. The new manuals are not out. It doesn't cost you money, and you can do it yourself. No worries. This is at a state level

At a federal level, we are considered part of the Chespeake Bay watershed. Right now it is a voluntary program, discount prices to have your water run-off managed. They are trying to reduce pollution, especially Nitrogen, in the Bay.

In fact they came to our farm. We got $25,000 worth of work done, and paid only 10%. You have to be approved and have water issues on your property to qualify.

Hope this helps.

10. PAchickenlover

PAchickenlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2011
    York
    I am in York, I have some roo's that I will part with if you would like one of them. They are EEx's but are nice, and pretty.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by