Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    There's a place just outside Gettysburg (I know, not super close for y'all) that has Wellies and Marans.
  2. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Hi there! We are brand new and here in Centre County. Hoping to start our chicken adventure soon! We are looking at different breeds and trying to figure out where to get them. Honey is going to start working on our coop VERY soon!

3. missydcpc

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    Welcome April!

This is a fun addiction!
  4. AshleyO

AshleyO New Egg

Feb 10, 2012
    York County

Hello, I am very new to the group. In my picture is my daughter starting seeds for her chicken garden this spring. I need to raise chickens this year for the educational oppertunity but also to help cuts costs. I am realy interested in reading about many of you who raise mealworms. I do not know the first thing about it, even though, I thought I was a country girl, but I am very, very interested.
    I also am not sure what chicks to choose, when my daughter goes out to the hen house, I would like her to find a "rainbow" of eggs. Does anyone have any helpful suggestions?
    Thank you
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
  5. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

Hi Ashley! [​IMG]

Where in York County are you? I am in the Dover area. I will be having both pure Amearucana and EE chicks available this spring for blue & green eggs as well as a few French Black Copper Marans chicks for dark brown eggs. If you are interested I also have some frizzle bantam cochin chicks too. I also offer hatching eggs for sale if you would rather hatch your own.

Sorry I don't know much about raising mealworms, but there is a very good thread here on BYC about raising them.
  6. hannakat

hannakat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2010
    Beaver County, PA
    Welcome mama2my4 and AshleyO !

Ashley ~ I hope your question about the mealies were answered and I hope you join the 'farm'!!!

sgtmom52's ~ oh how I'd love some of your Marans!!!
  7. missydcpc

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    Welcome Ashley! I'm just up the road outside of Carlisle.
  8. PAchickenlover

PAchickenlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2011
    Hello, I am also in York... I am in Red Lion area... I am interested in hatching some Amearucana and French Black Copper Marans.. I would love to buy some eggs from you if you have them... Thanks... I love coming on here andfinding more and more local people! [​IMG]
  9. Country Chick

Country Chick Out Of The Brooder

Jul 10, 2011
    Gibsonia, PA
    Hello Hannakat! Thank you.

I also want some chickens that lay pinkish eggs. I have 3 Pendenscena hens, they lay a dark color egg. I love the color!!
  10. Banner Ridge Chick

Banner Ridge Chick Out Of The Brooder

Central PA

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by