Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. RIRJen

RIRJen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2008
    Hello!
    I'm from Michigan but I'm going to Lebanon,PA (staying in Hershey) for a rabbit show this coming weekend. Does anyone in that area have Silkies available? If so could you PM me please! Thanks!

2. tiny529

tiny529 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2011
    Hi! I'm from Quakertown, though I grew up in Abington. [​IMG]

3. maizy'smom

maizy'smom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    Philadelphia suburbs
    Hey Abington! I'm in Wyndmoor, but I work in Abington. And I went to college in Center Valley. We may have crossed paths! The world shrinks all the time!

mm

4. beaglady

beaglady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    Dauphin County

5. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    Welcome! I'm just up the road in Carlisle.

6. hannakat

hannakat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2010
    Beaver County, PA
    [​IMG]

My new, bigger coop is almost complete and so I'm on the hunt to find the few birds to complete my little flock. Anyone within driving distance of the Pittsburgh area have Speckle Sussex, Welsummer, Wyandotte, Black Maran or Plymouth Rocks with chicks or fertile eggs this spring? Would consider other breeds.

My goal is to have a basket of different colored eggs every day! Yea! Blue is covered....already have 2 EEs and 1 pure Ameracauna.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  7. missydcpc

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA

You sound like me, except my carpenter is just now starting on the coop. Yay!

8. hannakat

hannakat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2010
    Beaver County, PA
    I actually hired a carpenter last October but he took the money and ran :( I was pretty devastated .... it was awful. I'm 56 and never ran into a con like this. Anyway, my DH took up the task and he's nearly done and it's awesome! I had birds lined up for last year but since I couldn't take them, it's back to the hunt! Only want 3-4 more and I'd hate to have to hatch 24 to get them but if that what it takes, guess it'll have to be done!

9. missydcpc

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    As soon as BF loads the pica from today's work, I'll post them.

Sorry your carpenter turned out to be a con, mine is a doll.

10. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    Hannacat, congrats on your new bigger coop! Love the idea of the colorful eggs, I've been working toward the same thing. I have some Black Copper Marans chicks that I just hatched and some EE's that are chicks too, not even sure if they're roos or olive eggers or what. 12 more blue eggs in the bator are supposed to lockdown tonight, but I'm pretty sure not one is going to hatch. :(

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by