Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I have started a group on Facebook This is a group designed specifically for East Coast Poultry Breeders with bird or eggs for sale. This can include
New Jersey, New York, Maryland, South Carolina, North Carolina, Washington DC, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Delaware, West Virginia.

Topics of the forum is for sale poultry or eggs, birds wanted & equipment. Hope you can join!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/237691836313553/

frow.gif

My new, bigger coop is almost complete and so I'm on the hunt to find the few birds to complete my little flock. Anyone within driving distance of the Pittsburgh area have Speckle Sussex, Welsummer, Wyandotte, Black Maran or Plymouth Rocks with chicks or fertile eggs this spring? Would consider other breeds.

My goal is to have a basket of different colored eggs every day! Yea! Blue is covered....already have 2 EEs and 1 pure Ameracauna.

Hey Trish! Happy to hear you are FINALLY getting that coop - what a time you've had!

Love the idea of different colored eggs...that's why I did SSs, PBRs, EEs, RIRs, Dk Brahmas and Black Australorps-they are just over 5 mos now and starting to get a couple little brown eggs a day! Can't wait til they are all laying!

No rooster so I can't help you out with fertile eggs or chicks but I've got chick fever again so thinking about what to get next...and I want to order some ducklings too!

Quote: Ohmygoodness!

I was just thinking about you last night...wondering how your DH is doing.....

Wow! Your group of chickadees sound absolutely lov-er-ly
celebrate.gif
My coop will be maxed at 7-8 so I have to be satisfied with them. I do feel very blessed to be able to have them at all!!!

Ducks too. Wow! That would be awesome! Let me know when you're up for a meal worm meetup.
smile.png

My DH? he's fine...was something wrong with him that I don't remember (other than a demanding chicken lovin wife?
big_smile.png
)

I have 12 girls in the big coop 2 of each of the ones I listed...my small coop will support 6-8 and currently has 3 older girls who will be headed for freezer camp in the Spring...SO I am thinking 4 new breeds like Welsummers and Wyandottes, maybe a couple more EEs!

We have a small pond which we are going to expand this spring and this will be my 3rd attempt at ducks, I think I have worked out the best scenario for their safety including a secure duckhouse for nighttime! I am thinking 4 maybe Buffs or Welsh Harlequins (3 females and 1 male)...can't make up my mind!

I would love to try me hand at mealworms!

Geesh... forgive my confusion! It was someone else's DH. You mean I'm not the only "demanding chicken lovin wife" here? bawawaahahaaa! I keep telling him how incredible the coop looks and what an awesome job he's doing. Can you imagine...he's out there right now, in this cold, measuring for the gutters. Guess I shouldn't question how much he loves crazy me!

If you need fertile EE eggs, let me know. I have a friend with an adorable flock. My 2 EEs are eggs I hatched from his birds and he doesn't charge much when he sells them.

I REALLY want a chicken that lays DARK eggs like a Welsummer or Maran. It'll have to wait until next year though :( Pink eggs would be nice too....what breed lays the pinkish eggs or is it just a light brown?

Hi Country Chick! I'm not too far from Gibsonia. Welcome!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom