Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Bunnyanchicken Lady

Bunnyanchicken Lady Out Of The Brooder

Mar 14, 2010
    Appomattox County, VA
    I have started a group on Facebook This is a group designed specifically for East Coast Poultry Breeders with bird or eggs for sale. This can include
    New Jersey, New York, Maryland, South Carolina, North Carolina, Washington DC, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Delaware, West Virginia.

Topics of the forum is for sale poultry or eggs, birds wanted & equipment. Hope you can join!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/237691836313553/

2. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    yet another reason why I should be on Facebook. If only there weren't so many reasons why I should not.

3. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA

Unless you're worried about spending endless hours playing games, you can create a profile that doesn't have your real name ir info. I have a friend who is "Vlad Dracula".

4. JerseyHen

JerseyHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2011
    Sussex County, NJ
  5. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA

Thanks, I'll talk to Him, I used to live right off 15 in Jefferson.

6. GoldDogsMom

GoldDogsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2011
    Indiana, PA

Hey Trish! Happy to hear you are FINALLY getting that coop - what a time you've had!

Love the idea of different colored eggs...that's why I did SSs, PBRs, EEs, RIRs, Dk Brahmas and Black Australorps-they are just over 5 mos now and starting to get a couple little brown eggs a day! Can't wait til they are all laying!

No rooster so I can't help you out with fertile eggs or chicks but I've got chick fever again so thinking about what to get next...and I want to order some ducklings too!

7. hannakat

hannakat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2010
    Beaver County, PA

8. GoldDogsMom

GoldDogsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2011
    Indiana, PA
    My DH? he's fine...was something wrong with him that I don't remember (other than a demanding chicken lovin wife? [​IMG])

I have 12 girls in the big coop 2 of each of the ones I listed...my small coop will support 6-8 and currently has 3 older girls who will be headed for freezer camp in the Spring...SO I am thinking 4 new breeds like Welsummers and Wyandottes, maybe a couple more EEs!

We have a small pond which we are going to expand this spring and this will be my 3rd attempt at ducks, I think I have worked out the best scenario for their safety including a secure duckhouse for nighttime! I am thinking 4 maybe Buffs or Welsh Harlequins (3 females and 1 male)...can't make up my mind!

I would love to try me hand at mealworms!

9. Country Chick

Country Chick Out Of The Brooder

Jul 10, 2011
    Gibsonia, PA
    Northern Allegheny County, Very close to Butler County. [​IMG]

10. hannakat

hannakat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2010
    Beaver County, PA
    Geesh... forgive my confusion! It was someone else's DH. You mean I'm not the only "demanding chicken lovin wife" here? bawawaahahaaa! I keep telling him how incredible the coop looks and what an awesome job he's doing. Can you imagine...he's out there right now, in this cold, measuring for the gutters. Guess I shouldn't question how much he loves crazy me!

If you need fertile EE eggs, let me know. I have a friend with an adorable flock. My 2 EEs are eggs I hatched from his birds and he doesn't charge much when he sells them.

I REALLY want a chicken that lays DARK eggs like a Welsummer or Maran. It'll have to wait until next year though :( Pink eggs would be nice too....what breed lays the pinkish eggs or is it just a light brown?

Hi Country Chick! I'm not too far from Gibsonia. Welcome!

Last edited: Feb 9, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by