Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    thanks, really upsetting she was at pol too. had been letting her, her sister and a roo run loose in the yard, now they will go into the pen. lesson learned.

2. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Well, I know that you can shoot a bear in the act of destroying livestock and poultry, and bear are the most protected in Pa, so I'm guessing nobody would cry over coons doing the same. Call the game warden up and ask. Our's here is pretty cool. They make their living on wild animals, but are also there to help farmers. He (or she) should be able to give you a bunch of tips on how to keep coons away. When the bear was here, mine told me ways of keeping bears awa, plus told me "while I would rather it stayed alive, the law fully protects your right to shoot the bear if it crosses the line, even if it just walks on your porch. But, if you don't want to shoot it or have enough safety, call me and I'll be down. To get it.".

So, game commision can be a very valuable resource.

3. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    OR>>> Remember The 3 S words....
    Shoot
    Shovel
    Shut up

[​IMG] [​IMG]

4. oletymer

oletymer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2012
    when I read that name it does sound familiar, I bet he shows his birds at the Washington co. fair..

5. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    And we did contact the game commission when hubby got shot at on the tractor.......The guy looked me right in the eye and asked,,,where I was at the time......course everyone but me thought it ws funny...

6. Bettacreek

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Lol. No comment! ;) We had a family of possums here at one point in time. Something happened to them and we haven't had another problem ;)

7. Bettacreek

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky

LMAO! Oh,, I'm sorry, but that is pretty funny!

8. oletymer

oletymer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2012
    Poor ole phil was just to weak and died during the night, [​IMG]

9. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    That is funny ! LOL

10. Cindy in PA

Cindy in PA Overrun With Chickens

Jul 8, 2008
    Fleetwood, PA
    Just checking in (think I did a long time ago) and throwing more weight on the Berks County end of things! Fleetwood address, Oley School District and escapee from Boyertown many years ago! I have been keeping chickens for 20 years (yikes!) and started with guineas 2 years ago. 8 Welsummers & 4 EEs presently, along with 8 guineas in a separate coop. Thanks to Sally Sunshine for inviting me & must say I love her pups. I am the proud owner of 2 Field Bred Springers, best girls ever. Hi to everyone!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by