Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    Ran out to get a "dog kennel" tonight in Lancaster, the people funnily enough had used it for chickens...precisely what I'll be using it for...think I'm going to have a bachelors quarters for the roos...or possibly make this little yard for my seabrights....the options!

2. swataracreek

swataracreek Chillin' With My Peeps

Does anyone near Schuylkill Haven have sizzles?

3. hannakat

hannakat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2010
    Beaver County, PA
    Awesome! Oh, what we can make useful when it comes to the chickens!

4. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    My grandfather is so handy. He can turn a pile of scrap wood into a castle!

I need a bachelor pad also. I have a rooster I am getting his first peeps out of soon and I want to see what some of his son's grow up to be like. I need to make sure the combs are good sizes. I have the hens mom and dad that I am breeding them too, I just need to double check.........................

5. heatherscooby77

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    mama I am going to have some peeps so also. I am in Grantville. I think I am probably closer, but I am not sure???

[​IMG]

This is my very first rooster Angus. His comb is a little bit to high, and he was borderline in size. He would be just a little bit under. I don't have him anymore of course, I was glad to find a non-easter egger at the time :)

6. heatherscooby77

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    This is a pic of my first blue egg, it is beside a mint green Easter Egger egg.

[​IMG]

7. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    Pretty!

I wish my BF was handier...although my 7yo grandson decided to take all the boards left over from us tearing out a dog "bed" made out of pallets in the garage and turn them into a box...considering he only used the nails still in the boards from being attached to the pallets...he did pretty well..gonna have him make a shelter for the chickens in the yard... (yes, giant run on sentence)

8. charmedbychickens

charmedbychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Ohio

I maybe will in approximately a month. Need to separate the pen. I say maybe because with the warmer weather all of a sudden I have 5 broody silkies. I'm hoping that moving them will help them kick the habit. [​IMG]

I'm in upper montgomery co. Might be a bit of a jog. We like to go camping out your way though. [​IMG]

9. Baggagolers

Baggagolers Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2012
    Hi, I'm in the Poconos. Anyone close?

10. JerseyHen

JerseyHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2011
    Sussex County, NJ
    I am in Montague NJ, technically not PA, but I can see it across the delaware. Where in the pocs?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by