Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I would still be concerned about the Cooper's Hawk. One got one of my hens about 6 weeks ago. It couldn't fly away with the larger bird after the kill, but came back several times to feed on the carcass.

X2... I'm not sure what kind of hawk killed my hen. I did see it, and it was small. It couldn't fly away with the hen either. It killed her up against the house and was eating her neck when we found her. We pulled into the driveway and there it was, it didn't even fly away until my dad got out of the car (which was only about 4 feet from the hawk) and went after it. Then it came back later looking for the chicken. It was a Red tail that wounded our other hen. Now they get a lot less free range time.

I have peeps! Yay! My first batch died because I had a bator malfunction. The eggs I ordered from Anissa 30 B/B/S Ameraucana: 3 didn't make it past day 7, the rest made it to hatch day. So far one died in the egg, and I have 15 in the brooder. I will check them later, I expect to have at least 5 more. Not to bad for mail ordered eggs from Texas.

I have Red-tailed Hawks and Cooper Hawks here. A Cooper hawk actually got into my metal 2x4" cage and killed my pullet! I called my hubby & told him there is a hawk inside the cage eating our pullet and her man friend just watched. So I snapped a pic with my phone ( I'll try tomorrow to post the pic) I was able to catch him with the net and freed him. That was about 2 months ago, and he hasn't been back.

and even if you mis-spelled, we all knew what you were talking about lol
thumbsup.gif

I don't think I remember how to spell!

Back
Top Bottom